Elders Scrolls Skyrim

I really like Skyrim. I don't like the character creation because it seems limited in comparison to Oblivion, Morrowind, and Daggerfall. I do like the leveling up so much more though. I hated having to manage every single skill in the previous Elder Scrolls games. I probably played Oblivion for 500 hours, and I spent a good portion of that time finding ways to cheat so that I wouldn't have to spend five hours walking to increase my athletics skills.

I haven't progressed through the main story very far yet, but it's very enjoyable from the 100 hours I've spent with my Dark Elf Nightblade. I think I stopped playing because there wasn't much of a challenge anymore. I can kill giants pretty easily, so everything else seems pretty easy. I have to get back to it to at least beat the main story though.

Banarenth

Sr Mod/Webmaster
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Skyrim isn't a game, it's a lifestyle choice. @_@ I was looking at the Steam reviews yesterday and several people had 4000+ hours devoted to that game. I think I put 300 or so into it myself.

Skyrim isn't a game, it's a lifestyle choice. @_@ I was looking at the Steam reviews yesterday and several people had 4000+ hours devoted to that game. I think I put 300 or so into it myself.
I know I have 100 hours in my Nightblade character. I've beaten the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood as well as a crap ton of other side quests and I think I've barely scratched the surface. It wouldn't surprise me if someone spent 4000 hours in it. I had to break away when I was trying to come back to the Lord and I haven't played it much since. I have to start playing it once I finish up a couple of games I'm working on now.

Skyrim old now though.

Have you guys tried 'Rust'?

I play quite a bit of starcraft 2. Love RTS.
Dude, I am playing Wasteland 1 (1988), Deus Ex (2000), Blood (1997) and Duke Nukem (1996) and Fallout 2 (1998) currently. Skyrim is brand spanking new as far as I'm concerned. With a game the size of Skyrim I think it needs at lest five years to be considered "old."

I don't buy new games anymore so I've never heard of Rust.

4000? That's insane! I feel awful having put in just over 100, I couldn't even imagine 4000.

It took me a good 4 hours to figure out how to cure vampirism which I had to look up online. I would get killed super fast if I was trying to battle people in the daylight. Also, I have no idea where the main quests are, I just keep doing the side quests.

Haha, true. Did you hear about that gamer who was coming up on 1 million achievement points for xbox 360? Also crazy!
I like achievements, but I never focus on it unless I really just love the game and want something extra to do.
I don't have any legendary skills yet.

Oh, and I just check, and I've actually been playing this character for 45 hours, and I've totaled 100 hours in the game. I'm level 37.

Wow, you leveled up quick for 45 hours. I think I'm at level 40. My destruction spells are legendary which is crazy because you go from level 100 back down to 15. I think I'm back up to 60 though, it doesn't take too long to get back up there. I will take much longer though to get from 60 back to 100 :(.

Wow, you leveled up quick for 45 hours. I think I'm at level 40. My destruction spells are legendary which is crazy because you go from level 100 back down to 15. I think I'm back up to 60 though, it doesn't take too long to get back up there. I will take much longer though to get from 60 back to 100 :(.
What does that do? I've never even looked into it.

Oh wow. I think that's my least right next to speech. I just like to go into battles guns blazing, no need for stealth :ROFLMAO:!
I'm a stealthy dude. I rarely ever use magic (except with this character since a Nightblade is a stealthy mage) and never make a tank character. Most of my favorite games are stealth games, so that probably has a lot to do with it.