Emergency Pastor Service


Staff member
Dec 7, 2005
Sydney, Australia
In case of emergency, you can call on these numbers too:
- When you are sad, call on John 14
- When you don’t feel loved, call on Romans 8:38-39
- When you have sinned, call on 1 John 1:8-9
- When you are facing danger, call on Psalm 91
- When people have failed you, call on Psalm 27
- When God feel far from you, call on Psalm 139
- When your faith needs encouraging, call on Hebrews 11
- When you are scared, call on Psalm 23
- When you are worried, call on Matthew 6:25-34
- When you are hurt, call on Colossians 3:12-17
- When you feel no one is on your side, call on Romans 8:31-39
- When you are seeking rest, call on Matthew 11:25-30
- When you are suffering, call on Romans 8:18-30
- When you feel you’re failing, call on Psalm 121
- When you pray, call on Matthew 6:9-13
- When you need courage, call on Joshua 1
- When you are in need, call on Philippians 4:19
- When you are hated because of your faith, call on John 15
- When you are losing hope, call on 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17
- When you are seeking peace, call on John 14:27
- When you want to do good works, call on John 15
- When you want to live a happy life, call on Colossians 3:12-17
- When you don’t understand what God is doing, call on Isaiah 55:8-9
- When you want to get along with others, call on Romans 12:9-21
  • Like
Reactions: Lifeasweknowit
Jan 2, 2013
Southern California
Thank you Katie re Facebook. I have deactivated it for the time being because it was not condusive to my relationship qith God. I plan on going back on shortly though and will definitely take you up on your offer.
Oct 2, 2007
Lakeville, Minnesnowta
Ultimately, it may well come down to CPS if your brother doesn't respect the authority of a church or other agency. And the truth is, any other individual, group, or agency other than a government agency such as CPS will not likely have the authority of law behind them. Another consideration is that some people are legally required to report abuse, so if you talk to them, they will have to report it and CPS will likely become involved anyway.

The effectiveness of CPS will depend on the culture of your local social services environment and the competence and professionalism of the representative and the resources they have available to them. A competent agent from a healthy agency will make every effort to maintain family contact and to work toward restoration of the family.

Perhaps ideally a first step would be to get the help from a non-governmental source - maybe the Salvation Army, as Rusty suggested - to try to talk to your brother and help the situation. They could lend weight to their case by letting him know that if your brother doesn't make some changes, CPS will be involved. If nothing else, they could point you to the right places for help and help you figure out your options.