Emmanuel

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Matthew 1:23 (KJV)​

Looking at the name Emmanuel and its meaning of God with us, it is not just about God in our midst (although that is certainly part of it).
It also incorporates His participation in our lives.

If I work with another to accomplish a task, we are working with reach other.
Similarly, when I perform the tasks He has set for me, He is there working with me.

A Christian never works alone.
A Christian never rejoices alone.
A Christian never endures alone.
A Christian never suffers alone.
A Christian never cries alone.
A Christian never dies alone.
A Christian is never alone.

Christ is always there.

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Looking at the name Emmanuel and its meaning of God with us, it is not just about God in our midst (although that is certainly part of it).

Similarly, when I perform the tasks He has set for me, He is there working with me.

Christ is always there.

Hello Siloam;

Thank you for posting Emmanuel.

God is with us
and His participation in our lives is very reassuring and a huge blessing.

God bless
you, Siloam, your family and Merry Christmas.

Christ is always there.

Agreed. Excellent post!!!!!

Food for thought at Christmas time. I may be wrong on this, but it seems to me a lot of Christians do not understand that the "Virgin" birth of Christ as an Essential to being saved.

It was imperative that the Son of God be incarnated in a womb undefiled by man. If we do not accept the virgin birth of Christ then we can not then accept the death and resurrection of that same Christ. We can not get to the death of Christ for our sins without the birth of Christ to die.

Agreed. Excellent post!!!!!

Food for thought at Christmas time. I may be wrong on this, but it seems to me a lot of Christians do not understand that the "Virgin" birth of Christ as an Essential to being saved.

It was imperative that the Son of God be incarnated in a womb undefiled by man. If we do not accept the virgin birth of Christ then we can not then accept the death and resurrection of that same Christ. We can not get to the death of Christ for our sins without the birth of Christ to die.

The fact of the virgin birth is certainly a necessary element for the messiah, but our understanding/acceptance of it is not as central as the fact of His death and resurrection to justify men before God.

To deny the virgin birth may be problematical, but not in itself damning. Denial of His taking our sin upon Himself and His death and resurrection to justify us with God is.

It's wonderful to know though that God is not only with us, he is in us and we in him. We can know with certainty that this is true by examining ourselves (1 John 4:13).

It's comforting also to know that when we go to God our Father it is through Christ our high priest and that the Spirit utters words also that the Father can hear that supplement our prayers.

Christ is also our Shepherd what shepherd would leave his flock unattended in the midst of a pack of wolves. Christ is better than any human shepherd could be, so we can know he watches very closely at our side. Satan is as a roaring lion with an endless appetite to bring harm we can know with certainty that Christ is very vigilant not only as our Shepherd, but as our future bridegroom.

God is an awesome God.

The fact of the virgin birth is certainly a necessary element for the messiah, but our understanding/acceptance of it is not as central as the fact of His death and resurrection to justify men before God.

To deny the virgin birth may be problematical, but not in itself damning. Denial of His taking our sin upon Himself and His death and resurrection to justify us with God is.

May I ask this question. If Jesus was NOT incarnated through the virgin Mary, would He then be have been able to die for our sins???

Personally, I believe that the acceptance of the Virgin born Christ is "More" than problematic and is actually essential because there can not be the death and resurrection of Christ without the birth of Christ.

Now it is agreed and accepted that no one is saved because they believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ. We believe in the gospel but after we are saved we grow in knowledge so as to learn WHY Jesus had to be born of the "ALMA" Mary and without birth there can be no death and resurrection.

I would say that the Virgin birth was required/essential for 3 basic reasons.......

1. It Identified WHO the Messiah Actually Was!
2. It Confirmed Christ' Divine Nature.
3. It Bypassed The Curse Of Sin Placed On Us By Adam.

But that is just me.

It's wonderful to know though that God is not only with us, he is in us and we in him. We can know with certainty that this is true by examining ourselves (1 John 4:13).

It's comforting also to know that when we go to God our Father it is through Christ our high priest and that the Spirit utters words also that the Father can hear that supplement our prayers.

Christ is also our Shepherd what shepherd would leave his flock unattended in the midst of a pack of wolves. Christ is better than any human shepherd could be, so we can know he watches very closely at our side. Satan is as a roaring lion with an endless appetite to bring harm we can know with certainty that Christ is very vigilant not only as our Shepherd, but as our future bridegroom.

God is an awesome God.

AMEN brother...........AMEN!

I think those who don't believe, like the Jewish people at the time, would have thought that Jesus was Joseph's blood son. And thus no different from themselves.

Christ was just an ordinary looking Jewish man with no particular comeliness (Isa 53:2).

Christ though stood out among men because his light shined brightly. Christ performed many acts of love and kindness. Christ was obedient to the law in spirit and in truth. Christ practiced what he taught.

Christ was just an ordinary looking Jewish man with no particular comeliness (Isa 53:2).

Christ though stood out among men because his light shined brightly. Christ performed many acts of love and kindness. Christ was obedient to the law in spirit and in truth. Christ practiced what he taught.
Chris's participation in our lives, sharing our tasks and enduring our trials along with us is an extension of His ministry among His followers.
He can truly empathize with us because He bore and continues to bear with us whatever we bear in His name

Back