Emotions

Bob Wille (Family)

Passed on, November 6, 2022
He will not always accuse us of wrong or be angry {with us} forever.
He has not treated us as we deserve for our sins
or paid us back for our wrongs
.”
Psalm 103:9-10

Our emotions should be like a smoke alarm –
calling our attention to the fact that we are off the right path –
and need to turn back to God.
[Scott Richards]

"If my people, on whom my name is named, make themselves low and come to me in prayer, searching for me and turning from their evil ways; then I will give ear from heaven, overlooking their sin, and will give life again to their land."
2 Chronicles 7:14 (BBE)

He will not always accuse us of wrong or be angry {with us} forever.
He has not treated us as we deserve for our sins
or paid us back for our wrongs
.”
Psalm 103:9-10

Our emotions should be like a smoke alarm –
calling our attention to the fact that we are off the right path –
and need to turn back to God.
[Scott Richards]

Amen!

Bob Wille Can you tell us who this Scott Richards is? It sounds like someone who might have some great reading material published somewhere :)

Amen!

Bob Wille Can you tell us who this Scott Richards is? It sounds like someone who might have some great reading material published somewhere :)
Scott is a former pastor of mine in Tucson. He (and now his son, as well) continue to share the Word of God, both in church services as well as a local radio program five days each week.
And yes, I wouldn't be surprised that he has published many of his messages. Thanks for asking!

So encouraging that we get to turn back.....been a Christian for turn years and still find myself in positions where I need to hear something like this to turn back to God....

I love calling our emotions a smoke alarm :) great analogy

So encouraging that we get to turn back.....been a Christian for turn years and still find myself in positions where I need to hear something like this to turn back to God....

I love calling our emotions a smoke alarm :) great analogy
Yes, good analogy. The quote is from Scott Richards whose church I have attended many times.

Back