Eternal Life

Via dolarossa

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
Is this supposed to mean life after death kinda thing?
Like we will reincarnate in another physical body in another life?
I can’t find anything about reincarnation in the bible it just says it’s appointed for men to live once. But yet Jesus thought John was Elijah but John didn’t mention he was Elijah in a past life.

I’m kinda thinking that eternal life is now, the timeless dimension, that Christ is eternal life maybe I’m wrong but please correct me thanks.

yet Jesus thought John was Elijah but John didn’t mention he was Elijah in a past life.
I don't take it this way. Jesus was simply comparing John to Elijah Jesus wasn't saying that Elijah was reborn as John. The Bible does not support the idea of reincarnation, in actually says, it's appointed unto man to die once and then the judgement. Since we have all known somebody who died unsaved we often look for reasons to believe that person might have eternal life anyway. I've done this too, but the Bible says that we only get to have eternal life by accepting Jesus, there are no other ways.

Is this supposed to mean life after death kinda thing?
Like we will reincarnate in another physical body in another life?
I can’t find anything about reincarnation in the bible it just says it’s appointed for men to live once. But yet Jesus thought John was Elijah but John didn’t mention he was Elijah in a past life.

I’m kinda thinking that eternal life is now, the timeless dimension, that Christ is eternal life maybe I’m wrong but please correct me thanks.
It depends on faith. The Muslim faith says heaven is gained when good deeds outweigh bad deeds. Buddhist believe in oneness. Jews believe the messiah has not come but will. Etc. I believe eternal life is life after death. It is where the states of purification and oneness with God really kicks in.

No it doesn't depend on your religion. According to the Bible only the souls that receive eternal life from Jesus Christ will live forever, no one else will.

While living for Christ may indeed result in good works, good works are not what saves one. Our best (righteousness) is as filthy rags.

Salvation comes when we recognize our own sin and accept Christ's payment with His blood as payment for our sin.

Back