European Calendar?

R

rstrats

European Calendar?

In the United States, many Christians say that they observe Sunday, the first day of the week, at least in part, to commemorate the resurrection which they believe took place on the first day of the week. However, many areas of Europe use a calendar that has Sunday as the seventh day of the week. Does anyone know, in those areas that use that calendar, on what day they hold their weekly worship services? If they hold it on the seventh day, do they also do anything special on the first day?

That's interesting.
I know the Muslims still use the Lunar calendar, there is of course the Chinese still in use, and I believe the Orthodox churches still (some) use the older Julian calendar, but I thought that all of the Gregorian calendars had Sunday as the first day of the week.

I've never seen one that started with Saturday. :confused:

In the United States, many Christians say that they observe Sunday, the first day of the week, at least in part, to commemorate the resurrection which they believe took place on the first day of the week. However, many areas of Europe use a calendar that has Sunday as the seventh day of the week. Does anyone know, in those areas that use that calendar, on what day they hold their weekly worship services? If they hold it on the seventh day, do they also do anything special on the first day?

The day which one worships is of little import and a true believer worships God every day. Other than that I cannot say what the "religious traditions" of others are. In the New Testament scriptures we are told:

Rom 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
Rom 14:6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Back