Evangelising in the hard places

I've just read a book by a street evangelist called Matthew Needham called 'to live or do die'.

I love how dedicated evangelists aren't afraid to go to the hard places. Matthew was on the streets and often went to the nightclubs, and spoke to prostitutes. However warning I wouldn't go round to public toilets though as he was often accosted by homosexuals there.
While a few were receptive, many 'converted' but often backslid later. I tend to think is as well as broadcasting the seed one has to make the conditions right and maybe have to do a bit of 'transplanting' as well!

My question is where are the hardest places you've ever gone with the gospel?

It’s awesome that evangelists do things like that and People changing.

I was having a conversation with God and I recall saying to Him” don’t You place a desire in my heart for evangelising, I wasn’t saved just for that. If anything I prefer people to eventually sense something and ask about it”

of course, He was very silent, so who knows?

The hardest place to take the gospel to many of us is our own family. We love these persons and wish the best for each of them and know that this can only happen with the Lord.

But we are often afraid of damaging our relationship with the. This can make it hard to rely on the Lord and either try in our own power or not try at all. Neither is effective.

Lord strengthen our courage and resolve, knowing that it is the Holy Spirit that will bring them to the Lord (not our eloquence).

I have been using humour with my family, in a way that lets them know I’m fully converted, without being preachy. I know if I’m preachy they will think I’ve lost the plot.
seeds of humour gets to my family easier methinks

Aside from family. I think we all agree family is the hardest.
A lot of practicing evangelists come from families where they are already christians, so they don't even need to explain the gospel to their own families.

Humour doesn't really work with my family. I'm thinking maybe food would, but then again, I'm not the best cook. I tried to explain the significance of the hot cross bun to my Dad but he wasn't that interested.
Prayer I thought would work but nobody asks for prayer either. If I leave a Bible around, nobody will pick it up except for me, although I have given an Illustrated childrens bible to my little cousins for Christmas and they were keen on reading the stories.

My family isn't that musical at all despite dad collecting thousands of vinyl records, the amount of gospel songs are very few compared to all the rock n roll. (which is just noise to me).

It depends i have been in some pretty hostile places. I have been fired multiple times at work places for spreading the message and trying to engage spiritually with my work colleagues.

Back