Evidence for the existance of god

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember I posted something like this before, but I cannot find it. Anyway I would like to discuss the evidence for god. Is there any, if so what level of proof does it have? Please be critical with the propositions that I make. I put ~(tilda) by the ones i have some doubt over.

1. Things that cannot be disproved usually hold some level of truth in our world.

2. God cannot be disproved therefore

3. This idea probably holds some truth in our world

1.Laws exist therefore something must have made the laws~~~~~

2.that something must be either external or able to change the laws in our universe~~~~~

3. Therefore god exists~~~~

Universes outside of ours maybe radically different from ours. Therefore there are different rules and unexpected phenomena may occur. There are probably infinite possibilities that could occur or have occured and an all powerful god could be one ~~~~~~is this an ad hoc?

Also I doubt the kalam argument~~~~~ I feel like there is a jump from beginning, to cause, to god did it. I also do not understand why the first premise is "true".

When something is powerful it has more of an effect on the amount of other things. Whatever exists outside our universe has an effect on it. This effect is the greatest of effects and can be explained by god.

The bible conforms with reality some of the most complex reality and is therefore true.~~~~~This one is kind of iffy

ontological argument~~~~ I don't understand any of it.

Personally I do not think god can be proven, but he can be believed with some certainty.

I find that most people who ask these kinds of questions do so only to prove He doesn't exist. Not that you're trying to do that. He can be seen EVERYWHERE and in EVERYTHING but people choose to dismiss Him. God gave proof in His word through prophecy, but it's all chalked up to coincidence or some other lame excuse...

Psalms 14:1 (KJV)
To the chief Musician, [A Psalm] of David. The fool hath said in his heart, [There is] no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, [there is] none that doeth good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back