Examine Yourself

We all know that many times in the Written Word of God we are directed to "Examine Ourselves"

Something I see way to much of is Where Believers are doing this wrongful and thus building themselves up with a selfish spirit or pleasing their flesh.

I see well meaning believers Judge themselves by "Their Good Intentions" and everyone else by their actions.

Another thing I see a lot of especially in the forum is....

1. I am always right
2. Quickly offended when Scripture and the ways of God are Presented in a deeper level.
3. Always have something to say in other people's threads but get offended and make a big show of it when it's done in their threads.
4. Scripture and Truth is shown but one argues over it with "what they think".
They too are quickly offended.

Friends Real Spiritual Growth only Comes once you realize that you don't know it all and can be teachable.

If you say you have a teachable heart but argue what you think even when scripture and others try to show you things a little deeper in truth......you are only Fooling your self and bordering on a spirit of self.

Blessings
FCJ

We all know that many times in the Written Word of God we are directed to "Examine Ourselves"

Something I see way to much of is Where Believers are doing this wrongful and thus building themselves up with a selfish spirit or pleasing their flesh.

I see well meaning believers Judge themselves by "Their Good Intentions" and everyone else by their actions.

Another thing I see a lot of especially in the forum is....

1. I am always right
2. Quickly offended when Scripture and the ways of God are Presented in a deeper level.
3. Always have something to say in other people's threads but get offended and make a big show of it when it's done in their threads.
4. Scripture and Truth is shown but one argues over it with "what they think".
They too are quickly offended.

Friends Real Spiritual Growth only Comes once you realize that you don't know it all and can be teachable.

Blessings
FCJ

Amen Brother!!!! Amen

We as children of God must learn to have a teachable spirit and not take offense when someone else says something that will help or give more insight on what you are saying. We must learn that the person responding is not trying to make you sound stupid but to help you understand even more and on a deeper level. The person(s) are trying to help elevate you to a deeper understanding in your studies. We must understand that although some of us are more knowledgeable than others in the Word, it doesn't mean you don't know anything. But, it does shows that you are trying to learn. So, be humble in your learning, ask questions and realize that when it comes to the Word of God and you are trying to learn, no question is a dumb question. You should never feel ashamed of knowing God more and on an even deeper level. So, ASK questions. How do you know that you have a teachable spirit?

• You’re aware of the limitations of your own knowledge.
  • Admitting your limitation to others who can teach and help.
  • ASK for help, instruction, guidance.
  • You learn from other brothers and sisters in Christ, or a church member or your Pastor.
  • You listen to others carefully and patiently with a desire to learn.
  • Don't be ashamed to be wrong. Get the correction and study to make sure the information you received is correct.
  • Don't give up
  • You’re willing to change your views and practices when convincing evidence is presented to you, even if it means admitting you were wrong.

If you do not have a teachable spirit you will see the following:

• Don’t ask questions or attempt anything that might reveal that you don't know.
  • Don’t seek or accept one-to-one personal guidance or mentoring from parents, teachers, pastors, elders, etc.
  • Don’t listen, but talk, talk, talk about yourself, especially when you’re with someone you could learn a lot from.
  • Don’t take criticism or correction without resentment or retaliation.
  • Resist moving out of personal comfort zones in work, study, ministry, or relationships, but always look for the easy and familiar route.
  • Don’t read, listen to, or learn anything that challenges existing presuppositions or challenges.

Scriptures on having a teachable spirit.

1 Peter 5:5 - Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all [of you] be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

Proverbs 13:18 - Poverty and shame [shall be to] him that refuseth instruction: but he that regardeth reproof shall be honoured.

1 Corinthians 2:13-14 - Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. (Read More...)

Proverbs 12:1 - Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge: but he that hateth reproof [is] brutish.

Proverbs 9:9 - Give [instruction] to a wise [man], and he will be yet wiser: teach a just [man], and he will increase in learning.

Proverbs 4:5 - Get wisdom, get understanding: forget [it] not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.

2 Timothy 3:16 - All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Just to avoid confusion: I do believe there is different of approach between:

A: Matured Christians
B: milk-Christian, those still struggling to get out of flesh or carnal or things of this world standards of what is right and what is wrong.
C: those not yet see the light of Grace

a honest assessment: i still belong to B

In A:A: there will be no offense: both are forgiving and always see each other in good intention.

In A:B, I believe A need to adjust to B: given Bible verses found in Corinthians (the "weak" being "offended" by the "strong" : those to eat or not to eat meat, those food given to idols) and Galatians and James verses

The is more to expect to A (teachers, elders), rather that more expectations on B (student, milk Christians)

A need to treat us, in fact, we might demand :) meekness, gentleness.

GAL 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

James 3:1 English Standard Version (ESV)
3 Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.

1COR 10:27 If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and ye be disposed to go; whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake.

1COR 10:28 But if any man say unto you, This is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that shewed it, and for conscience sake: for the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof:

1COR 10:29 Conscience, I say, not thine own, but of the other: for why is my liberty judged of another man's conscience?
1COR 10:30 For if I by grace be a partaker, why am I evil spoken of for that for which I give thanks?
1COR 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1COR 10:32 Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:
1COR 10:33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.

Last edited:
Instead i I think describing or expounding those Bible verse mentioned: i think it will be more simplier to compare how Parents teach their children:

a lot of patience, of effort and time, of LOVE, addressing where they get their "wrong ideas" from, understanding that children needing attention, gently, patiently addreressing how their frustrations being misunderstood on the little children knows... etc.

Last edited:
a lot of patience, of effort and time, of LOVE, addressing where they get their "wrong ideas" from, understanding that children needing attention, gently, patiently addreressing how their frustrations being misunderstood on the little children knows

How awesome that you just described the wonderful grace and love of our heavenly Father :) (2 Peter 3:9)

: milk-Christian, those still struggling to get out of flesh or carnal or things of this world standards of what is right and what is wrong

Almost all (maybe about 95%) of believers today are here. (So your not alone) Some may even be knowledgeable on many topics of the Word... But the flesh (which can be a mindset or way of thinking) if not taught out of it's worldly ways will behave as it always has until we take the time to get it under control.

However there is one big way to fix this behavior... Walk in love and forgiveness with everyone. And as the enemy tries to get our emotions to lead and guide us... We can practice at all times saying " no I choose to be at peace and not allow another person's behavior or words to create a fleshly reaction (lust of the flesh). It just takes practice and time. And the more we choose to not allow our emotions to rule us... The Love of our Father will keep peeling the layers of the onion and showing us another place where we need some help. And with the Holy Spirit, we can do anything. We just have to be willing to yield to the love that the Father poured into us when we first got born again (Romans 5:5).

Many people never realize that the Father has already given us the tools to love as He loves. It's His love in us which we can choose to display unto others.

Good thoughts my friend. Your growing in The Word quite well. Keep up the good work!

Back