Experience of Baptism of Holy Spirit and related observations

I am posting this in praise reports section and not general discussion because I am not posting this for debate. I wanted to say that upfront so that we maintain a good conversation and not get into any heated arguments. I have been here for a while and some of you might already know the position I take w.r.t speaking in tongues and Baptism of Holy Spirit. My position has been that speaking of tongues is for today. A person could be filled with Holy Spirit and yet don't speak in tongues.

We recently moved to a new house and had a Pastor visit us during this weekend to pray for the house. He is a great man of God. I have never seen anyone with so much spiritual wisdom and yet so humble. He leads a pretty small Indian Church nearby. He is pretty close to us. He always speaks to me and my wife about baptism of Holy Spirit. Apparently Lord put it in his heart that he should pray with us for receiving Holy Spirit and focus on that rather than just blessing the house! We started praying. We just prayed for Holy Spirit to fill us for almost 45 minutes. I was just praising Lord and asking for Holy Spirit. Not necessarily speaking in tongues. My wife first started speaking in tongues. That's when I started asking Lord more seriously :) And then the pastor laid his hands on our heads. Immediately I felt like something gushing out of the core of my body. Like flowing out. With so much intensity. I felt like a dam that is just breaking and water flowing out with such tremendous force. And I was just saying hallelujah. And something else came out of my mouth. Words that I did not understand. Yet my tongues went on with it. I sounded quite different. And I was crying so much. I felt peace and felt like being washed. This went on for a while. Then eventually I had to stop. I could have just kept on going for hours! This was my first experience of speaking in tongues. It was amazing that both myself and my wife had the experience together and same time (technically minutes apart!)

Now I am not even sure what position I will hold on to :) It is sweet that Lord would humble me and say I know "nothing" yet. I have only scratched the surface. And He would choose me to give this experience and the gift of speaking in tongues. Now I pray that He would use me for His glory. Praise the Lord!!

[Staff Note - Modified topic title due to the topic being on the 'banned topics' list]

Hello Ravindran;

Thank you for your thread and appreciate you establishing that this is not for debate. I approach your thread while enjoying your testimony and asked the Lord to grant me a learning spirit.

Brother, in you and your wife's experience in your baptism of the Holy Spirit, which verses came upon your hearts?

God bless the pastor who came to your house! I have a close pastor friend who leads a church in Chandigarh, NW India.

God bless you and your family.

Hello Ravindran;

Thank you for your thread and appreciate you establishing that this is not for debate. I approach your thread while enjoying your testimony and asked the Lord to grant me a learning spirit.

Brother, in you and your wife's experience in your baptism of the Holy Spirit, which verses came upon your hearts?

God bless the pastor who came to your house! I have a close pastor friend who leads a church in Chandigarh, NW India.

God bless you and your family.
Thank you so much for your kind words! Nothing specifically came. but we were praying with few verses. How Jacob wrestled with God and did not leave until Lord promised. Then Mathew 7:11. We were praying with these verses from Bible.

Praise the Lord Ravindran!

I know exactly what you mean about the gushing coming out of your core. I have had that happen when I prayed in tongues before. I believe it’s the rivers of living water Jesus told us about in John 7:38-39. When I have had that happen I have had such faith rise up in me that I KNEW if a dead man were laying before me I could have commanded him to live and he would have! (Gift of Faith? 1 Cor 12:9)

Anyway, I’m rejoicing with you! God bless you brother!

Well done, let the Holy Spirit guide you into doing his work. When you have the Holy Spirit there is no motivation needed because it all comes from within.

Back