Explain Why Jesus Is The Only Mediator

TalkJesus

Inactive
Explain what the Mediator does and why the man, Christ Jesus, is the only One that is to do it.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Why can't the Father do it?

Why can't the Holy Spirit do it?

The answer is below:

Matthew 18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

I'd say the verses you provide speak to the accomplished fact, but not to the situation that makes mediation possible.

In order for mediation to effectively take place, there needs to be an advocate for both parties.
An effective advocate needs to belong to the same class as the ones being mediated.
for example, who in their right mind would walk into a court of law with a rooster for a layer?
The Father, being divine, can only be represented by a similarly divine advocate; and there is only one divine person.
Jesus, being God's only begotten Son is the only possible advocate for God the Father.
Jesus being Mary's son and therefore human is able to act as an advocate for mankind.
So Jesus being both God's Son and also Mary's son is able to be advocate both for the Lord God and mankind.....the perfect, indeed the only possible mediator between God and man.

Back