Faith In the Incarnate Son of God

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Hello brothers and sisters;

How many of us say we believe that Jesus is the Christ, love and follow Him? So why do we struggle with the burden of obedience to His commands and loving His children of God?

Is the world overwhelming our faith? Are we struggling with believing God will overcome the world, or that our faith will overcome the world?

1 John 5:1-5,
1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God, and everyone who loves the Father loves whoever has been born of him. 2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome. 4 For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. 5 Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

This has been my discussion with other believers these last 5 weeks.

Please pray before you post and what you share may help us understand our personal walk with Christ.

God bless you all and your families.

As human beings we are incapable of loving everyone unconditionally as God does. Thus, we, in our own strength CANNOT obey Christ. It is only when we conduct ourselves according to a steady walk with the Holy Spirit that we can truly obey Jesus.

Is the world overwhelming our faith? Are we struggling with believing God will overcome the world, or that our faith will overcome the world?
Good questions.
I think most people rightly or wrongly “feel” they are secure in their own faith, but there are many of these same believers who are suspicious that others are not honestly keeping faith.

This suspicion is a fertile area for mischief. It breeds disharmony. When Jesus told his disciples to love one another he said to do it as I have loved you. Can we do this? No, at least I can’t in full, I can try, but I will fall short. Perhaps many are doubtful their brothers and sisters can do what they themselves can’t, so they hold back, waiting.

I have learned from experience that there is nothing as fragile and delicate as trust. Trusting in God is vastly easier than trusting in man, in spite of His encouragement and admonishment.

God bless you bobinfaith

Back