Families That Have Evil In Them What To Do?

Families That Have Evil In Them.
You read enough through the decades of CFS and you find very clear toxicity and evil in ones own family's.
This makes it very hard to reach out for the Lord and to seek refuge in Christ.
When it comes to dealing with evil or sinful behavior within one’s family, the Bible provides guidance on how to respond while maintaining both love and righteousness. The challenge of confronting sin in a family context can be especially difficult, but Scripture emphasizes several key principles: love, truth, personal responsibility, and the importance of standing firm in faith. It has not always been easy to do so, evil in families hold guilt and toxicity on their families. creating a very confusiing situation.

1. Avoiding Participation in Evil

The Bible is clear about avoiding evil and sinful behavior, even if it occurs within your family. Ephesians 5:11 (NIV) instructs:
"Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them."
This verse emphasizes that believers should not participate in sinful activities, even if others around them are engaging in them. While we are called to love our family members, this love does not mean condoning or participating in sinful behavior. We are called to live in holiness and righteousness, even if it requires distancing ourselves from certain behaviors. ( I have not spoken with my family other then my mom for 22 years due to the evil that exist.)

2. Standing Firm in Faith

Joshua 24:15 (NIV) says:
"But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve... But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."
This well-known verse highlights the importance of making a firm decision to follow the Lord, regardless of the actions or beliefs of those around you, even family. Standing firm in your faith may require drawing boundaries when faced with ongoing sinful behavior or influence in your family. Peace can be found in God.

3. Confronting Sin in a Spirit of Love

When dealing with family members involved in sin or evil, it is important to address it with love, humility, and grace. Galatians 6:1 (NIV) teaches:
"Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted."
Here, the Bible advises confronting sin gently and with the goal of restoration, not condemnation. If a family member is living in sin, the goal should be to lovingly help them recognize their wrongdoing and turn back to God. This is to be done with a spirit of humility, being careful not to fall into sin yourself.

4. The Priority of Following Christ, Even Over Family

While the Bible calls believers to honor and love their families, Jesus makes it clear that following Him must come first, even above family ties. Matthew 10:34-37 (NIV) says:
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law— a man's enemies will be the members of his own household. Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me."
This passage illustrates that allegiance to Christ may create tension or conflict within families, especially when family members are living in ways that are contrary to God’s will. Jesus calls His followers to put Him first, even if it means being at odds with family members who do not share the same values or faith.

5. Setting Boundaries While Maintaining Love

There are times when believers may need to set healthy boundaries with family members engaged in persistent, unrepentant sin, especially if their behavior is harmful. 2 Corinthians 6:14-18 (NIV) speaks about not being "yoked together with unbelievers" and the importance of separating ourselves from unrighteousness. While this verse primarily refers to relationships with unbelievers, it also provides wisdom for avoiding toxic or harmful influences, even within family.
However, this does not mean cutting off family members or withholding love entirely. Romans 12:18 (NIV) encourages:
"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone."
Believers should do their best to maintain peace and healthy relationships with family members while remaining faithful to God’s commandments.

6. Trusting God for Your Family's Transformation

Ultimately, dealing with sin in the family can feel overwhelming, but God is the one who changes hearts. 1 Peter 3:1-2 (NIV) gives guidance on influencing others through a godly example:
"Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, when they see the purity and reverence of your lives."
Though this verse is directed toward wives, the principle applies to all believers: living a Christ-like life can influence family members more than arguments or confrontation. By remaining faithful and embodying Christ’s love, you may help lead your family members toward repentance.

The Bible calls believers to avoid evil, even when it’s present within their families, and to respond with both truth and love. It’s important to stay faithful to God’s Word, maintain personal holiness, and gently confront sinful behavior while setting healthy boundaries when necessary. At the same time, believers should continue to love and pray for their family members, trusting that God is able to bring transformation in His time. You may fear being without your family or lonely. You will not be alone if you embrace Gods Grace.

Paul

(edited for spelling errors)

Back