Father, I want to thank you for all that you are to me.

A Template for a personal prayer of thanksgiving.

“Father,……
(a quick mental reminder of the Father. “I am returning to my Father and your Father, to My God and your God.”)

I want to thank you for all that you are to me.

Thank you for having a purpose for me : for looking after me when I was an innocent child.
(thinking of remembered escapes from physical and mental dangers)

Thank you for forgiving me all my misdeeds before I understood how wrong they were.
(“small” thefts, cheating at school, bullying, greed, and unkindness to others).

Thank you for forgiving the errors of adolescence, thinking they were “natural” to a youngster.
(I should have learned by then, but I didn’t appreciate how much you loved me).

Thank you for your necessary guidance in my new working life with all its temptations.
(envy, ideas of unfairness, feelings of inadequacy, and too much attention to my ego).

Thank you for Jesus’ gift of the Holy Spirit and His inspiration of closer contact with you.
(my deeper understanding of Jesus’ teaching. A closer feeling of acceptance).

Thank you for the recent co-incidences which have confirmed your answers to my prayers.
(How wonderful to feel my faith deepened, without my testing Jesus’ promises).

And now I know that what I ask in the Name of Jesus will be given at its proper time, and I am so sure of this, that I can here and now offer you my deepest Thanks for all I ask, knowing that all things will be well, through your response.

Amen.”

“Father,……
(a quick mental reminder of the Father. “I am returning to my Father and your Father, to My God and your God.”)

Thank you for having a purpose for me : for looking after me when I was an innocent child.

Thank you for forgiving me all my misdeeds before I understood how wrong they were.
(“small” thefts, cheating at school, bullying, greed, and unkindness to others).

Thank you for forgiving the errors of adolescence, thinking they were “natural” to a youngster.

Thank you for your necessary guidance in my new working life with all its temptations.
(envy, ideas of unfairness, feelings of inadequacy, and too much attention to my ego).

Thank you for Jesus’ gift of the Holy Spirit and His inspiration of closer contact with you.

Thank you for the recent co-incidences which have confirmed your answers to my prayers.

And now I know that what I ask in the Name of Jesus will be given at its proper time, and I am so sure of this, that I can here and now offer you my deepest Thanks for all I ask, knowing that all things will be well, through your response.

Amen.”
Thank you Sir for such a wonderful reminder to all of us.
Blessings
FCJ

Abba Father I thank you for first loving me (us) and Always being true to your word and for Not ever giving up on me. You are not ever late or ever an absentee Father in my (our) Lives.You are Always Here For Me (us)!!!
I crave you with every breath that I have. Thank You for Saving even the likes of me.
Forever in your Grip
FCJ

Abba Father I thank you for first loving me (us) and Always being true to your word and for Not ever giving up on me. You are not ever late or ever an absentee Father in my (our) Lives.You are Always Here For Me (us)!!!
I crave you with every breath that I have. Thank You for Saving even the likes of me.
Forever in your Grip
FCJ
"Forever in your Grip" - I love that bro. Blessings.

“Father,……

Amen.”
Amen. It's so much to be thankful for.

Back