Feed on the Word

Feed on the Word!
Attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes.
– Proverbs 4:20-21
igCW-fNDKUEOjISjt8d8y_2p7T-ziHUmreoqtHcVihGKAo_X1prOoqR7J9Oo0eYmCyAzYRwJ4Cv8v2aPiG6_g31xuhxo20Rpm5ydDoZyBIIkP_8TBvCAjcmwf0NnLLLIdOyDWg=s0-d-e1-ft

Once you’ve made the Word of God final authority in your life, your first step to victory over the attacks of the enemy is to go to the Word and lay hold of God’s promises concerning your situation.

Notice I said, “Go to the Word.” It’s good to have the Word committed to memory. But don’t let that substitute for getting the Word before your eyes on a daily basis.

Think about it this way. It never did a hungry person any good to think about what a potato tastes like. Not even if he could remember it perfectly. The same thing is true with the Word of God. It’s important to keep it in memory, but it’s also necessary to go directly to it and feed your spirit with it. There is power in keeping the Word in front of your eyes and going into your ears. That’s how it gets in your heart, so you can live by it.

So don’t just think about the Word today, read it. Go to the promises that cover your situation. Feed on those promises and grow strong!
igCW-fNDKUEOjISjt8d8y_2p7T-ziHUmreoqtHcVihGKAo_X1prOoqR7J9Oo0eYmCyAzYRwJ4Cv8v2aPiG6_g31xuhxo20Rpm5ydDoZyBIIkP_8TBvCAjcmwf0NnLLLIdOyDWg=s0-d-e1-ft

Scripture Reading: Deuteronomy 6:1-9

© 1991 Eagle Mountain International Church, Inc. aka: Kenneth Copeland Publications All rights reserved

According to what The Father spoke to Joshua and Solomon (who didn't have access to strongs or any other concordance or commentary) feeding on the Word comes from meditating upon it consistently and keeping it before your eyes and in your mouth and ears. (Joshua 1:8, and Prov 4:20-27).

When you speak or read out loud Adonai's Word... your getting it into your spirit and in your ears and putting it before your eyes. For faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God... (Romans 10:17). Most of the time knowing the original Greek and Hebrew is not as important as getting the revelation of the letter itself.. being able to understand what the writer is conveying. People can be so dogmatic about looking up words in the original greek and Hebrew that they alter or miss what the original intent that the Holy Spirit wrote through the writer.

If your interested... there is an app called My Sword for Android it has for free the kingjames with strongs, thayer and a couple of others and also gives one access to greek and hebrew Bibles with definitions (interlinear).

But the more you fill your mind/mouth with the Word... your feeding your spirit. The more you feed the fuller you become :)

Devotions are good because you can read a little each day. When you feed just make it a regular time just like you have breakfast, lunch and dinner. You dont eat just once a week do you?

Feed on the Word!
Attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes.
– Proverbs 4:20-21

Once you’ve made the Word of God final authority in your life, your first step to victory over the attacks of the enemy is to go to the Word and lay hold of God’s promises concerning your situation.

Notice I said, “Go to the Word.” It’s good to have the Word committed to memory. But don’t let that substitute for getting the Word before your eyes on a daily basis.

Think about it this way. It never did a hungry person any good to think about what a potato tastes like. Not even if he could remember it perfectly. The same thing is true with the Word of God. It’s important to keep it in memory, but it’s also necessary to go directly to it and feed your spirit with it. There is power in keeping the Word in front of your eyes and going into your ears. That’s how it gets in your heart, so you can live by it.

So don’t just think about the Word today, read it. Go to the promises that cover your situation. Feed on those promises and grow strong!

Scripture Reading: Deuteronomy 6:1-9

© 1991 Eagle Mountain International Church, Inc. aka: Kenneth Copeland Publications All rights reserved

The Word of God is alive and it does feed us and build us into strong wonderful men and women of God. When we put the Word into our minds, hearts, spirits it creates growth and transforms us from the inside out.

Thank you for the post.

Back