Fibonacci Numbers Sequence

I thought this a interesting topic about a number sequence.

It goes like this- 1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55,89

It starts with 1+1 then adds the answer with the number before the answer.

The implications abound within this world and the universe.

It's often found in creation as well as adopted into man-made developed items.

It's called the Fibonacci sequence, and it leads toward other mathematical discoveries that point to a fingerprint of how amazing the Almighty Creator is.

Just do a simple search to this and you will find it's awe inspiring implications.

Thank you, and this was brought to you by the number 1. (not me, Him)

To be honest, a lot of the Fibonacci sequence examples from nature appear to be fudged. This not all that surprising because to my way of thinking the Lord can not and should not be put in a box. Another way of looking at nature would be to note that no two trees (even of the same type) are identical, no two leaves are identical. It is said that no two snow flakes are identical. Very few if any fingerprints are identical, retinas ditto.
The Fibonacci sequence seems to imply repetition on a mammoth scale.
I doubt we can subject God's creativity to a mathematical formula.
Those curves that are drawn appear to be 'involute' curves such as are used in the manufacture of gear teeth. I have forgotten the formula for an involute curve (could look it up) but as i recall it uses a tangent function which would not allow an arithmetic progression, which I guess the Fibonacci sequence really is.
sorry to be so disagreeable, but.....

To be honest, a lot of the Fibonacci sequence examples from nature appear to be fudged. This not all that surprising because to my way of thinking the Lord can not and should not be put in a box. Another way of looking at nature would be to note that no two trees (even of the same type) are identical, no two leaves are identical. It is said that no two snow flakes are identical. Very few if any fingerprints are identical, retinas ditto.
The Fibonacci sequence seems to imply repetition on a mammoth scale.
I doubt we can subject God's creativity to a mathematical formula.
Those curves that are drawn appear to be 'involute' curves such as are used in the manufacture of gear teeth. I have forgotten the formula for an involute curve (could look it up) but as i recall it uses a tangent function which would not allow an arithmetic progression, which I guess the Fibonacci sequence really is.
sorry to be so disagreeable, but.....

It's all good, Calvin.

It's called the Fibonacci sequence, and it leads toward other mathematical discoveries that point to a fingerprint of how amazing the Almighty Creator is.

Just do a simple search to this and you will find it's awe inspiring implications.

I love Fibonacci!! It was the first program I ever wrote way back when... My last job in Ottawa had a blue square on the wall but when you look closely it's got raised numbers and they're the Fibonacci sequence! I wish I had taken a photo of it. But Google it in images, utterly amazing! Watch this on TED.com http://www.ted.com/talks/arthur_benjamin_the_magic_of_fibonacci_numbers

I love math! If you really want to blow your mind, check out http://www.whatabeginning.com/ for the mathematical wonders of Gen 1:1!

An ancient Arabic philosopher (I forget his name...it may have been from the Fusus Al-Hakim) once said numbers actually start at 2 because when there is just 1, one cannot number...God is one....

Actually numbers start with "0" In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. That was day "0"

I will disagree the say He created the heavens and the earth was day one
You would have to assume "time" was already in existence to believe God created the earth on day one. I do not believe "time" began until after the heavens and the earth was created as the universe is simply one huge clock. Time coming forth at the exact time the universe was created which would be day "0".

Actually i agree....time began at "the beginning. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. So when they were created this was day one (at least according to the scriptures).

"0" is an interesting symbol that continues forever with no beginning or end...
So no complaints here...it was just an interesting thought that before there is more than one there is none to count...two came after one...

The divine ratio (~1.616) is also closely related to the Fibonacci sequence. It was used a great deal in Da Vinci's paintings and is found extensively in nature. Most anything with a spiral will have the divine ratio associated with it. Flowers for instance grow pedals at an angle that represents this ration, and this makes each spiral contain pedals with a Fibonacci number.

Put simply, the successive iterations of the Fibonacci sequence produce a ratio which will converge on the ratio of the divine. Though, one must go to infinity... quite fitting now that I think about it.

Another interesting math formula is called Euler's Identity. Not really that well known for those who haven't been extensively trained in math up to calculus, but essentially it contains all the important numbers from each field of math: 1 for arithmetic, i for algebra, pi for gemoetry, e for calculus and 0 for philosophy.

God is a god of order not disorder.

Day one of the creation order could not happen until God divided the light into day and night. Gen 1:3,4,5.
So what came before could not rightly belong to day one.IMO

I love Fibonacci!! It was the first program I ever wrote way back when... My last job in Ottawa had a blue square on the wall but when you look closely it's got raised numbers and they're the Fibonacci sequence! I wish I had taken a photo of it. But Google it in images, utterly amazing! Watch this on TED.com http://www.ted.com/talks/arthur_benjamin_the_magic_of_fibonacci_numbers

I love math! If you really want to blow your mind, check out http://www.whatabeginning.com/ for the mathematical wonders of Gen 1:1!

Both very interesting links. I didn't want the Ted video to end.

The divine ratio (~1.616) is also closely related to the Fibonacci sequence. It was used a great deal in Da Vinci's paintings and is found extensively in nature. Most anything with a spiral will have the divine ratio associated with it. Flowers for instance grow pedals at an angle that represents this ration, and this makes each spiral contain pedals with a Fibonacci number.

Put simply, the successive iterations of the Fibonacci sequence produce a ratio which will converge on the ratio of the divine. Though, one must go to infinity... quite fitting now that I think about it.

Another interesting math formula is called Euler's Identity. Not really that well known for those who haven't been extensively trained in math up to calculus, but essentially it contains all the important numbers from each field of math: 1 for arithmetic, i for algebra, pi for gemoetry, e for calculus and 0 for philosophy.

God is a god of order not disorder.

Yes, I have recently seen some of the ratio aspects too. Like how leaves rotate around branches. I also found it interesting how man has incorporated the golden ratio.

I'll do some checking into Euler's Identity. Thank you for the tip.

All this reminds me of when I took calculus. Strangly, the one thing I remember from that class was the method of exhaustion, or measuring the area under a curve. The formula(equation) always got a closer answer, but you could never get to a definitive answer.

Day one of the creation order could not happen until God divided the light into day and night. Gen 1:3,4,5.

With that said ^^^ Let me ask you, when is a day ended, and a new one began?

To me, a day ends at sunset.

What if the earth was already lit by light before Gen 1:2?

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Every Hebrew dictionary will tell you the word "Was" means "to become, or come to pass"

For the earth to become "without form", it had to be with form first.
For the earth to become "void" which means "empty" it had to be not empty first.
For the earth to become "darkness" it had to first be lit by light.

Which takes us back to day "0"

Last edited:

Amen and so since "time" (Chronos) began at that moment one cannot rightly speak of a "before". There was God, and whatever was created...timelessness was...then when God said let there be light there was light....bereshith...

Human language and ability to cognitively conceive is too limited to actually grasp it...

Amen and so since "time" (Chronos) began at that moment one cannot rightly speak of a "before". There was God, and whatever was created...timelessness was...then when God said let there be light there was light....bereshith...

Human language and ability to cognitively conceive is too limited to actually grasp it...
Did you notice it was not until "day 3" that light shined upon the earth?

Gen 1:17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

Back