FIG LEAVES

crossnote

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator

Fig Leaves

Quick, hide, Some-One is coming,

'keep it up, the noise will drown out the 'Voice',

...another party, another fantasy, another toy.

'Pile it on, He draws closer, my spots are beginning to show, conviction lingers...my time is short'...

A scythe, a coffin, Slam!... my last hiding place.

Interesting read - but please don't leave me there.🙃
Fair ‘nuff…

Genesis 3:8 KJV
[8] And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.

Luke 12:17-21 KJV
[17] And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? [18] And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. [19] And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.
[20] But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? [21] So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.

sorry to leave you there, it’s only prepatory stuff. lol

Appreciate that - your followup - although my comment was simple rhetoric.
I'm on a different page when it comes to the original sin and the fig leaves.
But I appreciate the way you put things together.

Interesting read - but please don't leave me there.🙃

Appreciate that - your followup - although my comment was simple rhetoric.
I'm on a different page when it comes to the original sin and the fig leaves.
But I appreciate the way you put things together.

Sorry I missed the 'please don't leave me there' part.
Very 'punny'.

Ok, 2404 and crossnote;

"don't leave me there," "rhetoric," "Very punny" What?

I'm a little lost and don't get it.

Peace! ✌️😎✌️

Ok, 2404 and crossnote;

"don't leave me there," "rhetoric," "Very punny" What?

I'm a little lost and don't get it.

Peace! ✌️😎✌️
Hello Bob
I think Crossnote's poetry is pretty good - thought provoking.
In my replies, probably not much to get.
I would be interested to hear your take on the poem.

The kids have told me that I don't express myself clearly and I've had feedback of the same - so why don't I learn???
For my part what I was thinking when I requested not to be left there - I was thinking 'don't leave me in the grave - I have a hope, an aspiration for something higher.
Crossnotes poem was carrying me along only to dump me in the ditch lol...

I've found poetry fascinating at times and at other times highly obscure. The author often has a clear meaning and intention, but that meaning doesn't always translate well. Sometimes though poetry adds color and imagery that does make a subject more clear and interesting.

IMO we all start with our own understanding, a poem walks us through the poet's imagery of their understanding of the concept. If our understanding to start out with is different or we have trouble following the imagery we can get lost or find different conclusions from the same poem.

Just my 2 cents worth, perhaps 1 cent thought. :D

some poems are like jigsaws to me. if the imagery is good I get it instantly, but then if they have a deeper meaning, a spiritual truth, I suck at finding it lol
the only time I really came up with something good ( when a poet said my poem was outstanding that I submitted) was when I wasn't really trying.
it took 2 minutes to do and it just flowed out. I think my whole being just happened to all be in sync together in the right place at the right time,I have never done it since. but I admire those who can write poems especially free flow.

I've found poetry fascinating at times and at other times highly obscure. The author often has a clear meaning and intention, but that meaning doesn't always translate well. Sometimes though poetry adds color and imagery that does make a subject more clear and interesting.

IMO we all start with our own understanding, a poem walks us through the poet's imagery of their understanding of the concept. If our understanding to start out with is different or we have trouble following the imagery we can get lost or find different conclusions from the same poem.

Just my 2 cents worth, perhaps 1 cent thought. :D
Nice insight CP. That's a big reason l hardly read the poems of others.

some poems are like jigsaws to me. if the imagery is good I get it instantly, but then if they have a deeper meaning, a spiritual truth, I suck at finding it lol
the only time I really came up with something good ( when a poet said my poem was outstanding that I submitted) was when I wasn't really trying.
it took 2 minutes to do and it just flowed out. I think my whole being just happened to all be in sync together in the right place at the right time,I have never done it since. but I admire those who can write poems especially free flow.
Sorry Via, I don't use too much imagery, I tend to be heavier on the metaphors.
Maybe that's why my wife is always telling me, "You can never find anything!". lol

Hello Bob
I think Crossnote's poetry is pretty good - thought provoking.
In my replies, probably not much to get.
I would be interested to hear your take on the poem.

Hello 2404;

After reading "FIG LEAVES" I thought of Adam and Eve when they ate of the fruit in the middle of the garden, God asked of Adam, "Where are you?"

The poem reminded me of when I/we sin, whether in sight or in secret, God sees all but we still try to cover it up. It only gets worse, lying, hiding, hiding, and lying. Even the fig leaves don't help.

Yet, God's love and graciousness brought a sacrifice of skin to cover my shame of sin.

Back