Finding Healing and Purpose through writing to Prisoners while being ill in bed!

I just want to share this testimony for the Glory of the Lord, and that it might come across some one that needs a little encouragement today. I am disabled and ill, but I'm learning every day to be more Thankful in my storm. I had it upon my heart about a week or so ago to start writing prisoners to send some of Christ's light and Love that in over flowing in my life right now. And I am so very blessed to find this simple way being sick in bed, to get off my pity pot, and reach some lonely lost souls who have lost all hope! Tears....

I could make this really long, but just want to share a Beautiful high light moment I had today, to share with you how our Lord answers prayer. As I was writing these prisoner's and getting a lot of response from their prison cells as they have been opening up their souls and hearts to me and to the Lord, I got a sudden burning desire to try to also write a prisoner who was sick inside a prison hospital. The reason for this, is because I came across a prison hospital in my state, but could not find anyway to write to any of them. This burden increased in my heart over the past 2 day's, I was praying to the Lord asking him, there must be a prisoner that's in 2 prisons at once, one in their sickness, and one who is hand cuffed to their bed. I'm in one sense a prisoner who is hand cuffed to my bed in many way's, as I'm many times to sick and weak to get out of bed!

Then today, I got a email letter from a female inmate that I had already been sharing the gospel with who has been very discouraged, and she say's, I have not told you that I am sick and have breast cancer, and have a tumor in my head! Tears... I about dropped my computer on the floor! In God's Love and Mercy, he showed me that he's with me, leading me in this, and helping me to be a wounded healer for him, and in this little way to help be His hands extended! Thank you for listening to my testimony, and please pray that the Lord will keep giving me strength to do this for Him! I LOVE YOU ALL! Brother Derek

P.S. Could you say a little prayer for this Prisoner who has cancer, and who needs Christ? Her name is Lydia Lynn who is in a Florida Prison!

Last edited:
Father in Heaven.

We thank you today for all you have done for us, are doing for us and will do.

We know of Your Power to transform lives. You transformed my life form someone who was a complete hedonist into a woman after Your Own Heart.

Help Lydia Lynn in that Florida prison, To Receive Your Son, Let her know with experience His Love and Healing.

most children believed in Santa Claus when they were little. very excited I would say also, that they were about to receive a gift from
somewhere.
No wonder the bible teaches we need to be like children to get into heaven.

Us adults are a little sceptical as we grow older, and loose that innocence.

Thank you Father for hearing my prayer to you today.

Amen

Lydia Lynn is in my prayers from now on, and you are too Brother Derek.
You are in a worthwhile ministry. Some years ago I used to be involved with prison visiting. I used to feel guilty because I was able to freely walk out of there. There are many who leabe a deep impression on you. Many tears and remorse. And some happy endings. God Bless

Father in Heaven.

We thank you today for all you have done for us, are doing for us and will do.

We know of Your Power to transform lives. You transformed my life form someone who was a complete hedonist into a woman after Your Own Heart.

Help Lydia Lynn in that Florida prison, To Receive Your Son, Let her know with experience His Love and Healing.

most children believed in Santa Claus when they were little. very excited I would say also, that they were about to receive a gift from
somewhere.

Us adults are a little sceptical as we grow older, and loose that innocence.

Thank you Father for hearing my prayer to you today.

Amen
Thank you Via, for that powerful prayer for Lydia! Is it ok if I share your prayer with her today? I know that it will impact her heart greatly today, tomorrow, and forever!

Also, I was moved in my spirit about this in your prayer-
Us adults are a little skeptical as we grow older, and loose that innocence.

I so Love children, but never had any myself, but was a Sunday School teacher for over 30 years, and loved and cared for them as my own. I have a Special and Anointed video I put together on the power of prayer, and I'm starting to cry as I mention it, because it's 50% filled with children praying from all over the world! It is very humbling, and faith building! “And a little child shall lead them.” (Isa. 11:6.)

I just want to share this testimony for the Glory of the Lord, and that it might come across some one that needs a little encouragement today. I am disabled and ill, but I'm learning every day to be more Thankful in my storm. I had it upon my heart about a week or so ago to start writing prisoners to send some of Christ's light and Love that in over flowing in my life right now. And I am so very blessed to find this simple way being sick in bed, to get off my pity pot, and reach some lonely lost souls who have lost all hope! Tears....

I could make this really long, but just want to share a Beautiful high light moment I had today, to share with you how our Lord answers prayer. As I was writing these prisoner's and getting a lot of response from their prison cells as they have been opening up their souls and hearts to me and to the Lord, I got a sudden burning desire to try to also write a prisoner who was sick inside a prison hospital. The reason for this, is because I came across a prison hospital in my state, but could not find anyway to write to any of them. This burden increased in my heart over the past 2 day's, I was praying to the Lord asking him, there must be a prisoner that's in 2 prisons at once, one in their sickness, and one who is hand cuffed to their bed. I'm in one sense a prisoner who is hand cuffed to my bed in many way's, as I'm many times to sick and weak to get out of bed!

Then today, I got a email letter from a female inmate that I had already been sharing the gospel with who has been very discouraged, and she say's, I have not told you that I am sick and have breast cancer, and have a tumor in my head! Tears... I about dropped my computer on the floor! In God's Love and Mercy, he showed me that he's with me, leading me in this, and helping me to be a wounded healer for him, and in this little way to help be His hands extended! Thank you for listening to my testimony, and please pray that the Lord will keep giving me strength to do this for Him! I LOVE YOU ALL! Brother Derek

P.S. Could you say a little prayer for this Prisoner who has cancer, and who needs Christ? Her name is Lydia Lynn who is in a Florida Prison!

Hello Derek88;

I serve at CFS as moderator. I do check in daily and participate with limited posting, but lots of reading (listening.) Most of my time is serving with the staff behind the scenes, monitoring threads and helping the members when needed daily.

We spend lots of time praying for our members and as I have been reading your posts I learned you are at home taking care of your health. But what encourages me is you give of yourself by logging on Christian Forum Site and ministering to others, to those who also could be taking care of their own health as well as tending to others.

My wife and I have friends up in Wenatchee, Quincy, Seattle, Winlock, Port Orchard and Spokane. We hope to visit Leavenworth in the future.

Please keep writing, brother, and while you're writing, no doubt God is right there to guide you in what He leads you to share along with Scriptures.

God bless you, Derek88, your family and thank you for your fellowship.
Bob

Hello Derek88;

I serve at CFS as moderator. I do check in daily and participate with limited posting, but lots of reading (listening.) Most of my time is serving with the staff behind the scenes, monitoring threads and helping the members when needed daily.

We spend lots of time praying for our members and as I have been reading your posts I learned you are at home taking care of your health. But what encourages me is you give of yourself by logging on Christian Forum Site and ministering to others, to those who also could be taking care of their own health as well as tending to others.

My wife and I have friends up in Wenatchee, Quincy, Seattle, Winlock, Port Orchard and Spokane. We hope to visit Leavenworth in the future.

Please keep writing, brother, and while you're writing, no doubt God is right there to guide you in what He leads you to share along with Scriptures.

God bless you, Derek88, your family and thank you for your fellowship.
Bob
Thank you very much Bob! Your a great blessing to all here! I really enjoy your wisdom in the word and the Spirit of Christ that you show all over this forum! Your Awesome!

Lydia Lynn is in my prayers from now on, and you are too Brother Derek.
You are in a worthwhile ministry. Some years ago I used to be involved with prison visiting. I used to feel guilty because I was able to freely walk out of there. There are many who leabe a deep impression on you. Many tears and remorse. And some happy endings. God Bless
Cosia, I hope it's ok, but I shared your small, yet powerful statement to Lydia! Thank you for your Loving heart!

Back