Fool's Gold (24 Carrots)

I've been seeing some interesting vices being drawn-out of people. We talk so much about the sin nature, but not enough about how it can be drawn out. What is the expression about a carrot on a stick? The donkey never reaches it, but it always appears to be just beyond its grasp. I was just reading a post on a site about a young woman who had a "conscience" but was SO desperate for acceptance in an exclusive community that she attended an underground x-rated event at a swanky loft in New York and engaged in lewd activities. She was repenting as she wrote her post, and was repenting while she was at the event. Her carrot was "bragging rights" with respect for a satanic event. She wasn't spiritual but spoke spiritually; she said that as soon as it was over, they were afraid and ran out of the place. In other words, it reached the point when the spirit that they were operating in, broke, and they came back to the reality of what they'd done. Fool's gold has the color, shine, design, stamp of authenticity, and even provokes reactions from others, as if it's real. They say that there's no business like show-business! What are talk-shows? A show or broadcast where a host entertains guests, and then there's an exchange between the audience, the host, and the guests. Society has problems and talk shows attempt to provide the answers to those problems, so naturally they invite a lot of professionals, psychologists, and social scientists on their shows. We catch them sometimes or see them in the periphery sense and say, "No, No! That's bad advice, that's all wrong!" Why do we feel a certain way about the "motivational speaker" and the talk show host? In judges 17 we meet Micah. When it comes to Micah and his mother, it doesn't matter who you give the remote control to because they're going to watch the same thing. The illusion of choice is present, but it's merely an illusion. He steals some money from his mother with the intention of buying idols, but when she calls to his attention that the money is missing he returns it and confesses his sin. But she does the same thing with the money, that he would've done with it; she buys idols and gives them to him: because he lives in a house full of fool's gold. (idols) He makes an ephod and teraphim and consecrates his son to be a priest. Has the world tried to consecrate talk show hosts, as if they're the new-age priests of the secular realm? An authentic priest arrives and meets Micah, but this priest compromises his integrity, because he allows Micah to consecrate him. Some people act like they want to send tithe money to their favorite talk show host. Everything that the priest should be doing for Micah, the priest is allowing Micah to do for him. The priest becomes the spiritual leader of this idolater who has no intentions of giving up idolatry! When the tribe of Benjamin arrives they say, (there's fool's gold here; what is real gold doing in this place!?" They were surprised and angry that the Levite was ministering to this idolater. And so much so, that it almost became violent when Micah tried to prevent them from taking his priest. Fool's gold is a little more potent than merely cheap, fake gold.

Last edited:
Amens/Likes: Cturtle
I dont know about talk show hosts being priests but remember my sister used to religiously watch them and i thought they were a load of bull. Excuse my language. If you see these talks shows most if them are named after the host instead of being named 'chat show' it becomes all about the host.
In the literary world there is a lot of idolatry. Favourite author this or that. Bestselling this or that. Its all a bit of a sham because authors, even if they are published, are not all meant to be priests - some people arent writing for the purpose of actually helping others, some are really only in it for themslves. I used to host a book show and bring in author guests and also just ordinary people who liked reading books. But one guest thought I was doing it because I wanted to be famous i had to put her right am not doing this to make myself a name. But she thought i was because SHE wanted to make herself a name. But the thing is it isnt even about the person/author but the books contents and whats written in them.

I know some people are desperate for external validation but if they know our Father loves them then thats all anyone needs.

Jesus is our high priest. is Jesus in this position for himself. No he wast paid a cent. And he only did what his Father told him..to bring glory to His Father not himself. He gave his life for us. Is he interceding for himself, no hes interceding for all mankind.
There is the priesthood of believers--- but you need to make sure that this priesthood is made up of believers. You cant be under spiritual gurus trying to make themselves a name (and money) and taking His name in vain.

Amens/Likes: Cturtle and Gambit
I dont know about talk show hosts being priests but remember my sister used to religiously watch them and i thought they were a load of bull. Excuse my language. If you see these talks shows most if them are named after the host instead of being named 'chat show' it becomes all about the host.
In the literary world there is a lot of idolatry. Favourite author this or that. Bestselling this or that. Its all a bit of a sham because authors, even if they are published, are not all meant to be priests - some people arent writing for the purpose of actually helping others, some are really only in it for themslves. I used to host a book show and bring in author guests and also just ordinary people who liked reading books. But one guest thought I was doing it because I wanted to be famous i had to put her right am not doing this to make myself a name. But she thought i was because SHE wanted to make herself a name. But the thing is it isnt even about the person/author but the books contents and whats written in them.

I know some people are desperate for external validation but if they know our Father loves them then thats all anyone needs.

Jesus is our high priest. is Jesus in this position for himself. No he wast paid a cent. And he only did what his Father told him..to bring glory to His Father not himself. He gave his life for us. Is he interceding for himself, no hes interceding for all mankind.
There is the priesthood of believers--- but you need to make sure that this priesthood is made up of believers. You cant be under spiritual gurus trying to make themselves a name (and money) and taking His name in vain.
I agree with everything that you wrote, Lanolin. It's interesting that you hosted a show involving authors. I'm an author and novelist myself. (self published) I had a predicament where I had to spend about a year in the library, and to my surprise I became a "bibliophile" and nowadays I find myself (and for the last seven years) frequenting antiquarian shops. I love those shops! I've found several rare christian books there also. I usually search for Greek New Testaments. A lot of people probably don't look at Jesus like a priest, because he was so many wonderful things. Whenever I encounter a catholic priest I don't immediately make the connection with Jesus.

Book of Hebrews chapter 3 explains Jesus is our high priest. He offered the sacrifice of himself on our behalf. And he only had to do this once. (Priests in the OT administered the animal sacrifices at the temple- I dont know much about catholic priests...thats quite a different theology)

As for us, the priesthood of believers, what sacrifice do we offer now? We are livng sacrifices and with our lips continually giving thanks and praise, honor and glory to His name.