For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face....

For this present moment, we only see in a “mirror dimly”. We only know in part the Scriptures, but then we shall FULLY know when our Lord comes to open them up to our understanding. In the meantime, we are to have LOVE for one another….the greatest thing….and not dispute over our own private interpretations.

1 Corinthians 13:13
12For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.
13But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love

We are to let brotherly love continue at ALL times…..for we know not at what hour that the Lord does come to open up the Scriptures to settle all of our present disputes.

Let Him find us “watching”…being awake to His righteousness (by doing it) so that we may hear His voice as He opens up the Scriptures to our understanding. Some will be found “asleep” ….being forgetful of His commandment to have love for one another…and they will rise up in wrath and pride to contend with the Lord and His words (the “angels” that are sent forth to our ears).

Matthew 24:42-46 KJV
(42) Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
(43) But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
(44) Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

The faithful and wise servant will be found of Him giving “meat in due season”…that is, they will be found letting brotherly love continue as they will “entertain strangers” and their words.

(45) Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
(46) Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

Let us make straight paths for our feet. Let us be found serving God acceptably with reverence and fear….for our God is a consuming fire. We are to be found of Him “watching”….letting brotherly love continue as we will not be forgetful to entertain “strangers” sent out by Him to speak His heavenly interpretation of the Scriptures in our hearing. The words of our Lord….all of the words of the biblical saints as interpreted by Christ…. are the “angels”.

Hebrews 13:1-2 KJV
(1) Let brotherly love continue.
(2) Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

The 2 disciples who walked to Emmaus (which means “hot spring”) did not recognize Jesus at first when He drew near to them as they went. He was a “stranger” to them for their eyes were “holden” that they should not know Him.

Luke 24:
(13) And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs.
(14) And they talked together of all these things which had happened.

The 2 disciples communed together and “reasoned” as they walked along. What they were doing was disputing with one another as most denominations do today over their interpretations of the Scriptures (about the written things that had happened). Men dispute over their private interpretations of the Scriptures.

We all know in part now….but we are to have love for one another even when we do not agree with one another. The greatest thing is to have love. Yet, the 2 disciples were having a dispute…..a “reasoning” with one another. They had not reached “Emmaus”….the “hot spring”….the fervent LOVE in their hearts for one another. As it says in 1 Peter 4:8, Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins. Be hospitable to one another without complaint.

(15) And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.
(16) But their eyes were holden that they should not know him.

Jesus drew near to them to open up the Scriptures to their minds so that they may agree with one another and have love for each other.

He asked them “what manner of communications are these that you have to each other as you walk and are sad?” But, the Greek word translated as “sad” is “skuthrōpos” which means “ANGRY visaged”. They were angry with one another as they disputed along the way about the meaning of the things that have happened. Same thing is happening today as the denominations of men dispute with one another and are angry in their strife and debate.

(17) And he said unto them, What manner of communications are these that ye have one to another, as ye walk, and are sad?

The 2 disciples only knew in part…but Jesus came near to them to settle their disputing by opening up the Scriptures to their understanding and so bringing peace.

Luke 24:25-32 KJV
(25) Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
(26) Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
(27) And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
(28) And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further.

The 2 disciples did not argue with the “stranger” Jesus but showed brotherly love. He found them being hospitable toward Him even though they did not recognize Him.

(29) But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them.

They were found of Jesus giving “meat in due season” for Jesus was a “stranger” to them and they were walking in love towards Him as they invited Him to stay with them.

We know in part now but when Jesus opens up the Scriptures to our understanding we shall FULLY KNOW and see “face to face” in harmony with one another. We know Him by the “breaking of the bread”….fellowshipping with one another in love with the unleavened bread of truth and sincerity.

(30) And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.
(31) And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.
(32) And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Again, the disciples only knew in part for they did not fully understand Jesus when He told them in Mark 9 that the Son of man was delivered into the hands of men to be crucified and raised the third day…..

Mark 9:31-37 KJV
(31) For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day.
(32) But they understood not that saying, and were afraid to ask h
im.

We are to have love for one another even when we do not fully know. The greatest thing now is love.

Yet, the disciples disputed among themselves about who should be the greatest and Jesus asked about what they disputed over among themselves by the way.

(33) And he came to Capernaum: and being in the house he asked them, What was it that ye disputed among yourselves by the way?
(34) But they held their peace: for by the way they had disputed among themselves, who should be the greatest.
(35) And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all.

Today, the same thing is happening in the denominations of men as they dispute among themselves who is accounted the greatest in their private interpretations….their knowing in part…and not walking in fervent love for one another (Emmaus = hot spring = fervent love).

The Lord sends out His servants to speak His heavenly interpretation of the words of the biblical saints. A “child” is set in the midst of us and we are to hear the words of a “stranger” and remember to let brotherly love continue.

(36) And he took a child, and set him in the midst of them: and when he had taken him in his arms, he said unto them,

Whosoever should receive such “child” (a stranger) in His name, receives Him and the Father who sent Him.

(37) Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me.

The “child” shall speak things in His name and not follow after the ways and thoughts of the denominations of men who dispute over who is accounted the greatest.

(38) And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.
(39) But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.
(40) For he that is not against us is on our part.

Instead of forbidding the “stranger” to speak in His name, we should remember to let brotherly love continue…..giving a “cup of water to drink” in His name.

(41) For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.

We are to remember to have brotherly love for one another….especially when a “stranger” will come preaching “strange” things to our ears. It is better to cut off all of the sin that will want to come out of our mouths then to speak out in anger and contention with what we hear. We are to have PEACE (SALT) in our words.

(42) And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.
(43) And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
(44) Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
(45) And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
(46) Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
(47) And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
(48) Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
(49) For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.
(50) Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.

We are to be found watching and not “sleeping”…forgetting to let brotherly love continue. If we remember His words to have love for one another, then we shall open up to Him immediately when we hear His voice knocking upon our hearts.

Luke 12:35-38 KJV
(35) Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;
(36) And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.

Blessed are those servants whom He finds “watching” for He will serve the mysteries of the kingdom to them. They will enter into His understanding as He opens up the Scriptures to our minds.

(37) Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.
(38) And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.

When we hear the good news preached to us with the Holy Spirit sent from heaven, we are to “gird up the loins of our mind” and be sober…and not “drunk” in our wrath and pride and contend with what we hear the Spirit saying to the churches.

1 Peter 1:12-16 KJV
(12) Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
(13) Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

We are to be obedient children and not behave like we did in our ignorance as we fasted for debate and strife over our own private interpretations. We are to be holy as He is holy.

(14) As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
(15) But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
(16) Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

He that overcomes shall be clothed in white raiment….His righteousness. They will be found written in the book of life….for they will be holy as He is holy in the hearing of His words….the “angels”…that come to our ears . He will confess his name before the Father and before His "angels"....the words.

Revelation 3:
(5) He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Those that have an ear, let him hear what the Spirit is saying unto the churches….and not be found contending in wrath and pride. Let us be found hearing and doing His righteousness….being found in the book of life.

(6) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

The church found in “brotherly love”….the meaning of “Philadelphia”….will remember to entertain strangers sent by Him to preach the Word of Truth. The “open door” is the mouth that no man can resist….and the church in Philadelphia will not contend as they will have “little strength”.

They will be found humble and meek in front of the open mouth that speaks His words of Truth. They will not deny His “name”…His authority…for they will obey His commandment to have love for one another. They will keep His Word in their hearts and not be found resisting what the Holy Spirit says to their ears. They will have "little strength"...not resisting what the Spirit is saying.

(7) And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
(8) I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
(9) Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
(10) Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
(11) Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

When the Lord comes with all of the holy angels....all of the biblical saints' words as interpreted in the Holy Spirit, then He shall sit upon the throne of His glory.

Matthew 25:31-40 KJV
(31) When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
(32) And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

The "goat" will resist those words in his wrath and pride and will not treat the "least of His brothers".....the "child set in the midst of them....those servants sent out to preach His words to them...with brotherly love.

But the "sheep" shall be found with His righteousness as they will entertain "strangers"....those least brothers of Him. They will be found entertaining "angels" unawares for they will hear His words and show love.

(33) And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
(34) Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
(35) For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
(36) Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

The righteous shall not see Him immediately as they will see only "strangers" that come to them speaking His words. Yet, they will be found of Him entertaining strangers....receiving them....giving them a cup of cold water....serving meat in due season.

(37) Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
(38) When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
(39) Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
(40) And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Back