Free Will

Hello Bob;

A cheerful disposition is good for your health; gloom and doom leave you bone-tired.” Proverbs 17:22

I like that. I'm going to add the Message to my bookcase of Bible translations. I find the verses are refreshing and vivid in expressing old Truths.

God bless you, Bob, and as always, thank you for sharing.

Thanks for your comment, Bob. Whenever I make a post with Eugene Peterson's "The Message" version,
I get negative responses from those who are "King James Version" only users. That's great for them, but many of us
were not raised in the time period where the K.J.V. was THE translation. Oh, well! I just try to do that which I believe
God as led me to do. Following His will and guidance is the ONLY way to go if we want to be in sync with Him.

Eugene Peterson's "The Message" version,
my only objective is peterson came out in support of lgbt movement i use the amplified along the way for study i do like the Christian standard Bible . i cut my teeth on kjv it does at times cause me to dig a bit deeper. when getting a better understanding on words . i do know many kjv only peeps and they are hardcore . i dont get to wrapped up in kjv only. i am not crazy about the niv . do also like the nkjv . i have one some place that was given to me.

Whenever I make a post with Eugene Peterson's "The Message" version,
I get negative responses from those who are "King James Version" only users.
Not a negative, just a comparison (and I'm not KJVO)...

Eph 2:2 You let the world, which doesn't know the first thing about living, tell you how to live. You filled your lungs with polluted unbelief, and then exhaled disobedience. -The Message

Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: KJV

Eph 2:2 in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. NASB

OR

Mat 3:7 When John realized that a lot of Pharisees and Sadducees were showing up for a baptismal experience because it was becoming the popular thing to do, he exploded: "Brood of snakes! What do you think you're doing slithering down here to the river? Do you think a little water on your snakeskins is going to make any difference? The Message

Mat 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come? KJV

Mat 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming for baptism, he said to them, "You brood of vipers, who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? NASB

OR

A cheerful disposition is good for your health;
gloom and doom leave you bone-tired.”
Proverbs 17:22
The Message

(Pro 17:22) A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones. KJV

(Pro 17:22) A joyful heart is good medicine, But a broken spirit dries up the bones.. NASB

I need not go further. People are grown up enough to do their own research and make their own decisions.

Last edited:
Back