From the Doctor’s Diary-4-Workers

From the Doctor’s Diary-4-Workers

Workers

The Apostle Paul devotes half a chapter in Romans 16 to people who may seem quite insignificant if we take the New Testament as a whole. Insignificant because if I asked 100 believers if they knew who Andronicus and Junias are, I guess more than 90% would shake their head in the negative.

Yet Paul the great apostle writes to the Romans,
“Greet Andronicus and Junias, my relatives who have been in prison with me. They are outstanding among the apostles and they were in Christ before me.â€(Romans 16:7)
Ever heard of Ampliatus,Urbanus,Stachys,Tryphena and Tryphosa?
They are all there in the same chapter and of the last two, Paul writes†Those women who work hard in the Lordâ€

Well, the world as a whole and the Christian world too may not know them as they know Paul but are they insignificant?
Are you and me and our work for the Lord insignificant just because we are not well known?

Sometime back, one day as I got some leisure time from my medical work, I read a Christian magazine that had been sent by a friend and the more I read, the more despondent I felt. Not that it had unworthy content but this was an issue devoted to the greats of the Christian world living now. Self pity gathered in me rapidly and the Old Man in me started making painful comments.

“Look at them; they are the ones who are doing real work for the Lordâ€
“Look at you, you are doing nothingâ€
I tried to argue with the Old Self inside me, but the thoughts of my insignificance increased rapidly and the day was spoiled well and sure.
As I sat brooding for a while, the Holy Spirit spoke to me in a gentle but firm whisper. Actually He brought to my mind the picture of a newly built house and then after a while asked me,
“Tell me Son, How did this house come into being?
Well! I said, I guess someone wanted a house built, so he got an architect to draw a plan and then an engineer to get it built.
The Voice continued,†And who all may have been possibly involved in the construction?â€
I thought about it and then replied-Masons,Carpenters,Plumbers,Electricians .
“And what if there were no masons?’ the Voice asked
You can’t possibly build a house without masons being involved, I said, rather amused.
“And what if there were no electricians?
“Darkness, I answered.
“If no plumbers?â€
No bathrooms, no sanitation, that’s unthinkable!

Well! That’s the point, He said.
What point? I asked
You see, He explained,†Each believer plays a very significant role in the building of the Kingdom of God. The role that you play may seem insignificant to you and to others because it may lack glamour and glitz. No one admiring a house from outside would ever give credit to the electrician, because his work is unseen. But when daylight disappears and darkness falls, everyones first thoughts would be to dispel the darkness by switching on the lights and only then the importance of the electrician’s work becomes evident. So also with the plumbers work. Seldom is it heard that a plumber received an award for his work in the building of a mansion.

The still small Voice finally said,†There’s no need to feel any despair regarding the work that you are doing now. If you are faithful in the work that He has entrusted you with, you will receive your reward, when the time comes. And if you are willing to pay a higher price in carrying the cross, spiritual promotions are waiting for you in the futureâ€

That pep talk from the Holy Spirit gave me peace in my heart and as I thought about the whole matter I came to some conclusions.
God the Father wants His house built and He has entrusted the task into the hands of The Master Architect, His Son, Jesus Christ and The Master Builder, the Holy Spirit is getting the work done.

For this He has chosen you and me as workers. Our work for Him may differ but our aim is the same and that is to build the House as per the specifications of the Master Architect and Builder. He may use me and you as an electrician (i.e. to dispel the darkness) or as a mason (to give a firm structure) or as carpenter (to bring in fresh air) or as a plumber (to provide proper sanitation).IF YOU THINK ABOUT THESE IN THE TERMS OF THE BODY OF CHRIST, YOU WILL REALISE THE IMPORTANCE
Whatever it is, let us be faithful to Him in all the work that He has entrusted us with.

Only then when the time comes, we will be able to hear the Master’s blessed voice saying,
“Well done, Good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and shre your master’s happiness.â€(Matthew 25:21)
Praise the Lord

I was thinking, may be designing and maintaining this forum is not what God wanted from me :oops: . But now I've read your post, i feel i've actually done something for Him :) . God also wants me to do the field work sometime later.

Matthew 21
The Triumphal Entry
1As they approached Jerusalem and came to Bethphage on the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two disciples,
2saying to them, "Go to the village ahead of you, and at once you will find a donkey tied there, with her colt by her. Untie them and bring them to me.
3If anyone says anything to you, tell him that the Lord needs them, and he will send them right away."
4This took place to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet:
5"Say to the Daughter of Zion,
'See, your king comes to you,
gentle and riding on a donkey,
on a colt, the foal of a donkey.' "
6The disciples went and did as Jesus had instructed them.
7They brought the donkey and the colt, placed their cloaks on them, and Jesus sat on them. 8A very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road, while others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road. 9The crowds that went ahead of him and those that followed shouted,
"Hosanna to the Son of David!"
"Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!"
"Hosanna in the highest!"

Was the existence of this donkey, to fulfil God's purpose? Yes, although it only had a small role to play but that certainly was worth mentionable in the Bible.

Back