Gal 3:27-29

Galatians 3:27-29

King James Version (KJV)
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Sons and Heirs

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ like a garment. 28 There is no Jew or Greek, slave or free, male or female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, heirs according to the promise.

Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts please share yours.

27 When we come to Christ it is like an outfit in that people should be able to see us and know we are His but, for to many they use it as an outfit as they take it off when people do not see them. It is for some like a uniform where they wear it to church and then take it off.

28 Salvation is not just a certain group of people but, is for everyone who will hear and accept it as the truth that it is. To many times we may let our personally feeling toward a certain people keep us from sharing the gospel with them, even Peter had trouble with this.

29 By our salvation in Christ we will be able to live as He reigns as King in the new Jerusalem.

King James Version (KJV)
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Sons and Heirs

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ like a garment. 28 There is no Jew or Greek, slave or free, male or female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, heirs according to the promise.

Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts please share yours.

27 When we come to Christ it is like an outfit in that people should be able to see us and know we are His but, for to many they use it as an outfit as they take it off when people do not see them. It is for some like a uniform where they wear it to church and then take it off.

28 Salvation is not just a certain group of people but, is for everyone who will hear and accept it as the truth that it is. To many times we may let our personally feeling toward a certain people keep us from sharing the gospel with them, even Peter had trouble with this.

29 By our salvation in Christ we will be able to live as He reigns as King in the new Jerusalem.

We can not take Christ and divest ourselves of Him and then put Him on again like a garment. Christ never said He would dwell on us,
He indicated that He would make His abode with us. This is an important distinction I believe, as it tells us that Jesus will never be apart from us or far from us.
We need to stop focusing on the person in the pew next to us, wondering if they are as 'holy' as we are. We need to stay focused on Jesus and our relationship with Him.
My thoughts shared as per request Clark

Calvin true Christians will not take Christ off like clothes but their our some in the church who think doing so is normal, I believe this is saying do not put on Christ like clothes but, live with Christ.

Calvin true Christians will not take Christ off like clothes but their our some in the church who think doing so is normal, I believe this is saying do not put on Christ like clothes but, live with Christ.
And is that different from what I said? Only I will add Paul's teaching to what I said:
Rom 2:1 Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things.
We all need to look to ourselves and keep our focus on the Lord and His righteousness.
Do you agree with Paul's teaching clark ?

Back