Gal 5:7-10

Galatians 5:7-10
King James Version (KJV)
7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?
8 This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you.
9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.
10 I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.

Galatians 5:7-10
Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
7 You were running well. Who prevented you from obeying the truth? 8 This persuasion did not come from the One who called you. 9 A little yeast leavens the whole lump of dough. 10 I have confidence in the Lord you will not accept any other view. But whoever it is that is confusing you will pay the penalty.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

7 We are responsible for our own actions. There may be those who mislead people away from the truth but we each make our own chooses about what we do. The church is not prevented from knowing the truth because other wise they would not be the church.

8 Jesus calls us thru His servants. Jesus will not mislead us but keep us to the truth. There are many who claim they are from Jesus but, they are false teachers. False teachers will lead people away from the truth. Those who live in Christ will teach and spread the truth.

9 Jesus referred to the teaching of the Pharisees as yeast. Yeast symbolized sin much like animal fat did both were removed from food. Yeast was removed during Passover. Paul is saying here that a little false teaching may ruin the good that they would teach.

10 When we share the truth, we should trust the Lord to guide the people we teach to stay to the truth. Those that will mislead people will be punished for doing so, even though those who do follow will face punishment as well. I personally believe that a true believer can be caught up in false teaching but Jesus will rescue them from the lies that we followed after but those who are not true followers of Christ may not see the light of the truth.

Back