Gal 6:9,10 Sowing and Reaping: Application

Jan 19, 2014
Sowing and Reaping: Application

Gal 6:9,10 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

If you persist in doing good, you will inevitably bear good fruit. This is a principle you can count on. So look for opportunities to do good, and not just to believers but to all people, and in the name of Jesus "who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good." Titus 2:14

But why does Paul say "especially to those who belong to the family of believers"? This is the priority in the Christian life. Jesus said, "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." John 13:34,35 He wasn't speaking of loving others in generally here, but rather this commandment was specifically referring to loving fellow Christians. So when considering what good you can do, consider firstly what you might do for fellow believers.

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources