G'day mates! Bible challenge for those who care (:

G'day everyone!
How's everyone handling everything? :)
Any of my Aussie brothers and sisters here?

For me personally, carrying a life of faith in isolation has been quite difficult so, to help me and those who may be going through the same things as me, I have decided to make a 28-day Bible challenge! So, I'm actually on day 3 but I'll post the previous day's questions and I'd really love to see your answers and discuss!

QUESTION 1
Who is the first person to record the Bible?

QUESTION 2
Why are dinosaurs not recorded in the Bible?

QUESTION 3
Who exactly is Satan and why is he evil?

suzy__ - The identical Bible Challenge that you started in the Bible Study area was removed from view by our forum software. Under Forum Rule 3.1, identical thread content may not be posted in multiple locations at this Forum. Also, because the questions that you are placing in your Bible Challenge thread can be answered by different members in many different ways, based upon their own belief systems, we will be monitoring the Challenge carefully for any signs of potential debating or arguing.

Thank you for your cooperation.

G'day everyone!

For me personally, carrying a life of faith in isolation has been quite difficult so, to help me and those who may be going through the same things as me, I have decided to make a 28-day Bible challenge! So, I'm actually on day 3 but I'll post the previous day's questions and I'd really love to see your answers and discuss!

QUESTION 1

QUESTION 2

QUESTION 3

1.. You might want to be a little more specific. MOSES was the 1st author. However, many Bible scholars say that Job is the oldest book in the Bible.

2. If you are an "Old Earth" believer then it would be because they were all dead. If you are a "New Earth" follower then you would say that man and dinosaurs lived together.

3. Satan is a fallen angel. He was once a "Cherub" and pride caused him to sin and desire the praise given to God the Creator. He is evil because he evil.

1.. You might want to be a little more specific. MOSES was the 1st author. However, many Bible scholars say that Job is the oldest book in the Bible.

2. If you are an "Old Earth" believer then it would be because they were all dead. If you are a "New Earth" follower then you would say that man and dinosaurs lived together.

3. Satan is a fallen angel. He was once a "Cherub" and pride caused him to sin and desire the praise given to God the Creator. He is evil because he evil.

While I like and agree with your answers, I feel that in your last answer, you left the definition of 'evil' both significant and unstated.

I would like to advance the thought that in this case, evil should be defined as holding ones self (in this case the enemy) as an authority separate from and antagonistic to our God.

While I like and agree with your answers, I feel that in your last answer, you left the definition of 'evil' both significant and unstated.

I would like to advance the thought that in this case, evil should be defined as holding ones self (in this case the enemy) as an authority separate from and antagonistic to our God.

You are correct. I was trying to be cute!

I should have been more definitive and said that the word evil can refer to anything that causes harm, with or without the moral dimension. The word is used both ways in the Bible. Anything that contradicts the holy nature of God is evil.

On the flip side, any disaster, tragedy, or calamity can also be called “evil”.

G'day everyone!
No From NZ but brother's currently in Aussie.

QUESTION 1
I give it a shot...Moses?

QUESTION 2

who says they aren't? It does mention dragons, which refer to giant lizard like creatures, before the word 'Dinosaur' was common.
QUESTION 3
God's adversary, why, because he wanted to be God too. But nobody can be God except God. Also Satan wants to destroy mankind, and the very first instance tried to poison them in the Garden of Eden. We know God wanted us to live forever.

huh my attempt at answering doesn't really show up.

Post here

No From NZ but brother's currently in Aussie.

QUESTION 1
I give it a shot...Moses?

QUESTION 2

who says they aren't? It does mention dragons, which refer to giant lizard like creatures, before the word 'Dinosaur' was common.
QUESTION 3

God's adversary, why, because he wanted to be God too. But nobody can be God except God. Also Satan wants to destroy mankind, and the very first instance tried to poison them in the Garden of Eden. We know God wanted us to live forever.

QUESTION 1

QUESTION 2

QUESTION 3
1. I believe it was Moses although people say book of job is older than the Torah.
2. I think they are in book of job but its very loose.
3. Satan was a beautiful angel called Lucifer, Jesus said he saw Satan fall from heaven. It corresponds with revelation and also Ezekiel. He choose to rebel, fleshly desires and outright sin is appealing to him.

The staff would like to suggest that since the Original Poster has not been back to participate in this thread, that members hold off on adding any new posts in this thread until the OP can catch up on things.

Thank you.

Back