Forum gender username color ?

I noticed that the mouse-over pop-ups in posts, which provide basic info about the poster, there is no gender identifier, so I don't know who is a man and who is a woman. I don't want to assume anything about anyone, but it would be nice to know who is what...so that I don't mistakenly use the wrong pronoun when speaking about one of their posts somewhere else.

MM

I noticed that the mouse-over pop-ups in posts, which provide basic info about the poster, there is no gender identifier, so I don't know who is a man and who is a woman. I don't want to assume anything about anyone, but it would be nice to know who is what...so that I don't mistakenly use the wrong pronoun when speaking about one of their posts somewhere else.

MM
I agree 100% My first post was in response to D3voted and unwittingly called her a man, she was very kind about it but I felt horrible for it.

I used to run forum boards using PHP code with back-end databases, and usually the originator of the forum board software has patches on their sites that can be added for free to the server-side PHP code to include gender in those pop-ups. Been there, done that.

:)

MM

I know that I have read the explanation of the username colors to signify gender... I am searching for that info now.
It may depend on a specific info location where it pulls the data from in order to determine who is who..

With your screen name being in red, I have no idea about your gender when it comes to text color...if all mods are in red...:confused:

Hope all this helps to make it all better.

MM

I agree 100% My first post was in response to D3voted and unwittingly called her a man, she was very kind about it but I felt horrible for it.

Hey Dave F.;

Years ago I was in a serious but good discussion and the other member responded to my post with "yes ma'am."

bobinfaith sounded like a female "bobin" or "robin".

Look what it did to me. lol! Ever since then I now include the dude with the sunglasses. šŸ˜Ž
Bob!

After reading some discussion among the moderators, I think that it was done by some back end trickery that some former moderators had set up. I went and updating everyone on the site using what appears to be that method and going forward we will try to remember to add that step to our approval process until we all forget that is how we do it and do this all over again. Go us!

Back