General Video Gaming Thread

Huntingteckel

Inactive
Mar 30, 2014
Georgia
plus.google.com
That sounds to me like a takeoff of the movie Carrie where the girl had a rather extreme zealot for a mother. I'm sure a lot of people will disagree but I can almost hear the amusement of God over games like this where you would use EITHER a force of evil or a force of good to antagonize a person who's over the top like that. I will try it out and get back to you.
Yeah, just let me know what you think. I heard a lot of people say that it's just a backdrop for the gameplay and not really important. Besides, a lot of people do things because they think God is telling them to. I'm not sure what the real stance in the game is. It may just be neutral since this type of thing happens a lot.

Huntingteckel

Inactive
Mar 30, 2014
Georgia
plus.google.com
Free games:
Worlds of Ultima: The Savage Empire, Ultima Worlds of Adventure 2, Teen Agent, Beneath a Steel Sky, Lure of the Temptress, Tyrian 2000
http://www.gog.com/
Sign up for a free account and go to My Account and then My Games. Beneath a Steel Sky is really the winner here. Awesome game.

Spelunky
http://www.spelunkyworld.com/original.html

Cave Story
http://www.cavestory.org/download/cave-story.php
You have to download the game and then the English patch, unless you can read Japanese. I can't.

The Dark Mod:
http://www.thedarkmod.com/downloads/
This is really a mod for Doom to make it almost exactly like the Thief games. @DavidG , you may like this.

Fragment. It's a stealth game with an ability like Blink in Dishonored but more interesting.

https://projects.myvfs.com/games/GD27_fragment/

I'll post more as I find them.

Last edited:

Huntingteckel

Inactive
Mar 30, 2014
Georgia
plus.google.com
Yes, and did I just see that dude fart? :confused::eek:
I somehow completely missed this post. Yes, probably. You have different traits in the game, and one of them is irritable bowel syndrome, which causes you to fart every few jumps on accident. You can also be color blind and loads of other things. Dwarf...You can be a bald female dwarf if that's the character it generates.

Sep 16, 2011
Anyone here play starcraft 2 or 7 days to die? Its pretty much all I play. I am loving the new survival games. Will get stomping ground when it has more content.

Sep 16, 2011
Has anyone heard or played The Binding of Isaac? I am debating on whether or not it's something kosher to play. It's about a boy who's mother thinks she hears God telling her to cleanse the boy of evil. So, it's basically about child abuse. It's set up like a really dark Zelda. You're power ups can be things like the Bible, angel wings, and other good things or you can get evil things like the mark of the beast and others. I'm really torn here because I'd like to play it, but I'm not feeling like I'm getting an answer from God about it...yet. My immediate thought was that I shouldn't play it, but I decided to research it a bit before I made my final decision. It seems like it may be more neutral than I initially thought. One of the endings is that
God smites the mother for the abuse of her son
but I'm not sure if that is based on items you collect throughout the game or not.

I'm not going to post a link here, because I'm sure someone would find it offensive. If you are not easily offended you can check out some videos on YouTube.
It looks cute and innovative. Though I am sure there will be some questionable scenes you may just have to ignore.

Why you play games like this though? You missed out on Mario growing up?

Huntingteckel

Inactive
Mar 30, 2014
Georgia
plus.google.com
Anyone here play starcraft 2 or 7 days to die? Its pretty much all I play. I am loving the new survival games. Will get stomping ground when it has more content.
I know about Starcraft but I don't play it. I've never heard of 7 Ways to Die. I just looked it up and it looks like DayZ. Have you played DayZ?
It looks cute and innovative. Though I am sure there will be some questionable scenes you may just have to ignore.

Why you play games like this though? You missed out on Mario growing up?
I'm not so concerned about the scenes. It's more about taking evil items as power ups that concern me. As far as I know there are only two cut scenes. One in the beginning showing what's going on, and then the ending. I've played a demo and it seems fun. I guess I'm still just trying to decide if this game is worth playing. In RPGs you generally have a choice of how to proceed. You can steal everything and kill whoever you want, or you can pretty much be a good guy. I used to steal a lot in RPGs but I rarely do it anymore. I also don't kill innocents anymore if I don't have to.

The main reason I want to play it is because it was universally praised and the same person made Super Meat Boy, which I enjoyed. I played Mario on the Gameboy all the time as well as Zelda. The Binding of Isaac is supposed to be a lot like Zelda, except with Roguelike elements.

Jun 1, 2014
I know about Starcraft but I don't play it. I've never heard of 7 Ways to Die. I just looked it up and it looks like DayZ. Have you played DayZ?

I'm not so concerned about the scenes. It's more about taking evil items as power ups that concern me. As far as I know there are only two cut scenes. One in the beginning showing what's going on, and then the ending. I've played a demo and it seems fun. I guess I'm still just trying to decide if this game is worth playing. In RPGs you generally have a choice of how to proceed. You can steal everything and kill whoever you want, or you can pretty much be a good guy. I used to steal a lot in RPGs but I rarely do it anymore. I also don't kill innocents anymore if I don't have to.

The main reason I want to play it is because it was universally praised and the same person made Super Meat Boy, which I enjoyed. I played Mario on the Gameboy all the time as well as Zelda. The Binding of Isaac is supposed to be a lot like Zelda, except with Roguelike elements.
I've heard praise for binding of isaac....but my something felt off to me about it as well. I don't think it was the quasi-christian back ground so much as the use of violence with children involved...That kind of stuff really bugs me. Enough that I never played through bioshock just because I saw trailer of some guy "harvesting" children (or something enough like real children that I was still uncomfortable). Anywho, yeah I wanna satisfy my curiosity about highly acclaimed games, but there's more cheap/free high-quality games out there than I'm ever going to have a chance to play, why waste time on anything that would require me to rationalize my way through the initial promptings of my conscience?

Speaking of which..How far have you made it in Rogue Legacy? I'm getting creamed.

Huntingteckel

Inactive
Mar 30, 2014
Georgia
plus.google.com
I've heard praise for binding of isaac....but my something felt off to me about it as well. I don't think it was the quasi-christian back ground so much as the use of violence with children involved...That kind of stuff really bugs me. Enough that I never played through bioshock just because I saw trailer of some guy "harvesting" children (or something enough like real children that I was still uncomfortable). Anywho, yeah I wanna satisfy my curiosity about highly acclaimed games, but there's more cheap/free high-quality games out there than I'm ever going to have a chance to play, why waste time on anything that would require me to rationalize my way through the initial promptings of my conscience?

Speaking of which..How far have you made it in Rogue Legacy? I'm getting creamed.
The whole story is about child abuse, which is awful. I think there is a room where you find all your dead brothers and sisters fetuses too.

You should play Bioshock. You can harvest little girls if you want, but you get rewarded for saving them instead. It's a really good game, actually.

I'm getting creamed as well. I haven't even beaten the first boss and I've been playing for about a week. Platformers are probably the hardest genre of games for me. I can hold my own in shooters and RPGs and all sorts of other games but I suck at Platformers... And puzzle games.

My wife was sitting behind me when I got to the eye boss, which took me the better part of two hours. You know, there is a trick to that boss. You have to dodge the first attack and then on the second you go clockwise around the platforms around him. Well, during the circular attack I messed up and got hit and since I already had low health, I died. My wife, who I didn't even realize was watching, said, "Babe, you have to NOT get hit by those... " Yeah, thanks. I didn't know that baby. The game is really fun but it's honestly one of the harder games I've played recently.

Reactions: DavidG
Jun 7, 2013
It looks interesting. I had never heard of it. Is there a monthly fee?
It is F2P, but does have a subscription option as well. You are able to buy subscriptions via in-game currency though. How long that takes, I do not know.

I am in the closed beta, but haven't gotten very far.

Huntingteckel

Inactive
Mar 30, 2014
Georgia
plus.google.com
It is F2P, but does have a subscription option as well. You are able to buy subscriptions via in-game currency though. How long that takes, I do not know.

I am in the closed beta, but haven't gotten very far.
I have never paid subscription fees for games before. I really just cant justify it. Is the gameplay grind oriented?

Reactions: DavidG