Genesis 21:1-21 - Walking In Revelation

Genesis 21:1-21 > walking in revelation

Here we see how God did what He guaranteed He would do. Sarah had her son Isaac, even though she was so old when she had her son.

Well, by the way . . . we in our old age are newer, if we have been growing in Jesus. So, I am finding that elderly Jesus ladies can be so more sweet and tender and humble and able to communicate and share, "submitting to one another in the fear of God." (Ephesians 5:21)

Back to our scripture > Ishmael is seen scoffing; and God supports Abraham to have Ishmael and his mother Hagar leave. He gives her some water, but it runs out; then she gives up and hides her boy from herself so she does not see him die.

But then the LORD visits her and tells her to keep on, that He guarantees He will take care of the lad.

After He tells her what to do, then He opens her eyes to see a well that was there, possibly all along. She needed His revelation to see His provision. First she needed to have personal communication with the LORD, and she needed to get clear of her fear that could keep her from seeing His provision.

Like this, it often works that first I calm down about something, and be prayerful. Then is when I can get even revelation so I see better in love, how I see and understand a person and how to relate with someone, and practical revelation of how to do something, what to do, even the real practical reason for doing something.

But first comes being in God's peace > "And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

I can't trust what I'm thinking while I am stinking and negative and criticizing.

And now I have been getting more involved and sharing with more people where I actually live, versus only on the Net and by phone. And because only God knows these people . . . and me . . . I need to pray to obey God, and get His revelation for what to do with each person.

Even for doing practical things, revelation brings me to better than what I was thinking of doing. I see how, in love relating with people in my life, I can not know what God is kind and good to know and creative to do with me; so I need You, LORD, to reveal to me what to do, how to see people. Because Your ways are "past finding out" (Romans 11:33), even in practical business :)

So, in order to be ready for His leading and revealing . . .

stay sweet and fresh in the dew of His love

"Let all that you do be done with love." (1 Corinthians 16:14)

Good to see you, God bless you, too :) Bill

Back