Genesis Blessings, Fruitful and Multiply

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Dear brothers and sisters;

The human race in every country and age has been the offspring of the first pair.
In Genesis 1:28, 28 And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

God command and promised Adam and Eve, "be fruitful and multiply," before they disobeyed God's command and sinned in the Garden of Eden. Sin entered the human race.

In Genesis 9:1, And God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth.

God's covenant to Noah was after the Great Flood. He would never again curse the ground because of man, for the intention of man's heart is evil from his youth. He would never again strike down every living creature as He had done. Many times God showed His love and patience toward men and women in order to save them

In Genesis 12:1-2, Now the Lord said to Abram, “Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you. 2 And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing.

Despite God's judgment of sin, most people ignored Him and continued to sin. But a handful of people really tried to follow Him. One of these was Abram. God appeared to Abram and promised to make His descendents into a great nation. Abram's part of the agreement was to obey God.

In Genesis 26:3 God blesses Isaac, 3 Sojourn in this land, and I will be with you and will bless you, for to you and to your offspring I will give all these lands, and I will establish the oath that I swore to Abraham your father.

There was a famine in the land and Isaac was going to travel to Egypt but God commands Isaac not to go to Egypt and stay in the promised land. God's providence always watches to direct the ways of his children.

In Genesis 35:10-11 God blessed Jacob, 10 And God said to him, “Your name is Jacob; no longer shall your name be called Jacob, but Israel shall be your name.” So he called his name Israel. 11 And God said to him, “I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply. A nation and a company of nations shall come from you, and kings shall come from your own body.

Although Jacob's life was filled with difficulties and trials, God would give Jacob his new name Israel as a tribute, and his desire to stay close to God despite life's disappointment.

God's covenants with Adam, Noah, Abram, Isaac and Jacob was not only for Genesis but has so much to do with us today. How is that?

God's promises through Abraham carried on to the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and this profoundly effects our lives today as believers.

We are included. In our walk with Christ, we will endure rejection and persecution by men and the world against Christ, but in doing so we are blessed by a closer walk with Him, a deeper relationship with Him, the promise of heaven and the full blessing of God's promises.

God bless you all and your famiies.

Back