Get right with Christ.

Probably one of the most scariest verses in the Bible is Jesus's reply to the people that believed they were right with Him, and were doing things in His name.

Matthew 7:23 says, "Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

So, the question is, how do we know we're right with Christ? I would assume it involves sin, since sin affects are relation with Him. So Is it at the point that we never sin again that we are right with Christ?

In one verse Christ says, "go, and sin no more." He doesn't say, "go, and try not to sin" or "go, and sin as little as possible." The command is to sin no more.

On the other side of the argument, we are human and we all make mistakes. There's a verse that says no one is without sin. So with this side of the argument we can sin a little, I guess as long as we have a repentful heart. Let's say we wanted to end each day asking ourselves, " was I right with Christ today?" What would a day look like with a person being right with Christ vs a day where a person is not right with Christ?

Also, answer this one if you have time. Let's say the world had only 7 more days before it was over. The first 5 days you were right with Christ. Then the last two days Satan found your weakness and was able to make you not right with Christ for two days. Would this be better compared to if you were not right with Christ for 6 days then the last day you had a revival or something in your heart and were right with Christ for 1 day.

In car, so sorry for grammar or if something doesn't make semce.

Jesus' command to those He cleansed to "go and sin no more" was spoken while still under the Law. Today, because of the precious and powerful blood of the Lamb, our sins have ALL been punished---past, present and future! Therefore all our sins are already under the blood---even those we have yet to commit, but God already knows all about them and has already dealt with them, never to be remembered! We live in a special time---post-cross, and so we are admonished to walk in His ways, yet when we fail---and we will and do---we have the assurance that when we confess (notice it doesn't say "repent"?) our sin, as believers, we are reminded that God's forgiveness is already applied! Thanking Him, we can continue on unhindered in righteousness!

1 John 1:9
But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.

With regard to your last question: When we are right with Jesus, even though Satan pokes us in our weak spots, that doesn't change the fact that we are held firmly in God's grip! Don't let the stupid devil cause you to over-think things, my friend! We may live in perilous times, but we do not give way to fear.

Jesus' command to those He cleansed to "go and sin no more" was spoken while still under the Law. Today, because of the precious and powerful blood of the Lamb, our sins have ALL been punished---past, present and future! Therefore all our sins are already under the blood---even those we have yet to commit, but God already knows all about them and has already dealt with them, never to be remembered! We live in a special time---post-cross, and so we are admonished to walk in His ways, yet when we fail---and we will and do---we have the assurance that when we confess (notice it doesn't say "repent"?) our sin, as believers, we are reminded that God's forgiveness is already applied! Thanking Him, we can continue on unhindered in righteousness!

1 John 1:9
But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.

So would you say the person that is right with Christ for 5 days and the person that is right with Christ for 1 day are equal as long as they both have tasted the blood of the lamb?

Probably one of the most scariest verses in the Bible is Jesus's reply to the people that believed they were right with Him, and were doing things in His name.

Matthew 7:23 says, "Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'
So, the question is, how do we know we're right with Christ? I would assume it involves sin, since sin affects are relation with Him. So Is it at the point that we never sin again that we are right with Christ?

Jesus died to save us.
His work was a complete work, once and for all
Praise the Lord!

So once we are saved, we are made right with God...that cannot be changed

The old man, our old sinful nature will war against our salvation but we can rejoice knowing:
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. (Romans 8:1)

ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
1 Corinthians 6:10

But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.
2 Peter 3:18

No body knows more than the person God is using, if they are right with the Lord. Man has never been able to do what God commands him to do. That is a huge problem for man! The Lord tells in the Old Testament, how God would fix this problem......

Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Without the Spirit of God in us we can not do anything, as he (the Spirit) is what causes us walk in his statues! The combination of Faith in the Word of God, and the Holy Spirits abiding in us we can do nothing. The Lord just needs a "believing" heart for his Word to "work" through us by his Spirit.
The people that Jesus said to, "I never knew you" where not trusting in the Word of God, but their own works to see them through to salvation. They even said so.......

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

These people said, "did WE not prophesy, did WE not cast out devils, did WE not do many wonderful works"

Jesus is still doing miracles today, as he is now living in us, and it is through us he is still working. All he needs is a believing heart for which to do his work from.

The Apostle Paul understood this completely, as he said....

1Co 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me.

Paul claimed he work harder than all the other Apostles, but he said it was not me doing the work, but the grace of God with me!!

In one verse Christ says, "go, and sin no more." He doesn't say, "go, and try not to sin" or "go, and sin as little as possible." The command is to sin no more.

On the other side of the argument, we are human and we all make mistakes. There's a verse that says no one is without sin. So with this side of the argument we can sin a little, I guess as long as we have a repentful heart. Let's say we wanted to end each day asking ourselves, " was I right with Christ today?" What would a day look like with a person being right with Christ vs a day where a person is not right with Christ?

Also, answer this one if you have time. Let's say the world had only 7 more days before it was over. The first 5 days you were right with Christ. Then the last two days Satan found your weakness and was able to make you not right with Christ for two days. Would this be better compared to if you were not right with Christ for 6 days then the last day you had a revival or something in your heart and were right with Christ for 1 day.

In car, so sorry for grammar or if something doesn't make semce.

We know that we are right with Christ, if we have chosen to accept Him as Lord and Savior, and accept what Jesus' Blood did for us on the cross.
Ephesians 1:6-7 "So we praise God for the glorious grace He has poured out on us who belong to His dear Son. He is so rich in kindness and grace that HE purchased our freedom with the Blood of His Son and forgave our sins.
Ephesians 2:13 "But now you have been united with Christ Jesus. Once you sere far away from God, but now you have been brought near to Him through the Blood of Christ.
Revelation 1:5b ....To Him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by His Blood

as far as sinning is concerned, (and maybe i am misunderstanding what you said, or the meaning) but our attitude should never be one that says...it's ok to sin a little as long as i have a repentful heart. God chooses to remember our sins no more, but that should never be a licence to deliberately sin.

I think that ending the day with self evaluation or judgement is a good thing. Reflecting upon how the Holy Spirit spoke, and if we missed it or not, makes us more aware of His presence in our lives. And being able to look briefly upon our day, and reviewing our choices, to see if we acted in a way that pleased God, helps us to see if we need to make some adjustments.

Blessings!

It has been said that the people who Jesus will say I never knew you are those people who thought they were good enoughto get into heaven and yes many of them church folks who did this in the name of Jesus or even preached in a church and so forth but the ONE COMMON GROUND IS THIS...........None of them had NOT EVER made Jesus Christ their Lord and Savior and in doing so they sttod before God naked or with out the Blood Of Christ and that my friends is the oner thing you need to get into Heraven.

A born again Christian that had a sloppy walk in Christ and missed the mark severely in their life here on this earth only has one thing going for them......JESUS CHRIST AND HIS BLOOD.
Jesus our Christ our Advocate will be there to represent us and by the Blood that Jesus shed will get this person into the kingdom of Heaven barely missing the fire so to speak.

This is how I have come to unnderstand this.
Blessings
Jim

Back