Getting involved in my church's college group

I have been on staff at a decent sized Baptist church for a little over a year now. I absolutely love it. The only thing I'm not really sure about is how to get involved with the college ministry. I'm graduating in a few short months anyway. The youth directors and college class teachers are always inviting me to functions and trying to get me involved in Sunday school, and I appreciate their invites. However, none of the other college students ever make any effort to talk to me. One has passed me in the hallway before and just stared at the ground. I'm not saying they go out of their way NOT to talk to me, they just don't go out of their way TO talk to me. I don't feel obligated to get involved in a college program where none of the other students seem to care whether or not I'm there. I don't even know who all in the church is in college or how many students there are. Of course I've never mentioned this to anyone at church because it makes me feel petty and selfish, but what do you all think about this?

Hello! It's been a long while since you've posted this, but I just got back on here last night.. the main gist is.. i just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone in this situation.

Of course, i hope that you're in a better place now but situations like this does take time.. previously i tried the mantra "fake it till you make it", i.e. i tried to involve myself in stuffs.. it didn't work for me, but it might for you.. :) just don't give up..

Back