Getting Older

1713979135557.png

Good morning, rtm3039;

You look great, man.

In the right photo you look like you're preaching from the pulpit. 👍

In the left photo I can see a man of Godly wisdom and life's hard knocks experience. 🏋️‍♂️

We may be getting older but in the eyes of God we're still beautiful!

God bless you, brother.

View attachment 10842

Good morning, rtm3039;

You look great, man.

In the right photo you look like you're preaching from the pulpit. 👍

In the left photo I can see a man of Godly wisdom and life's hard knocks experience. 🏋️‍♂️

We may be getting older but in the eyes of God we're still beautiful!

God bless you, brother.
The one on the right was part of my application to become a special agent back in 1984. I covered up the bottom because, back in those days, they actually made you hold on to a plaque with your whole social security number. As for the other one, it was a passport pic.
Ray

I covered up the bottom because, back in those days, they actually made you hold on to a plaque with your whole social security number.
Ah, memories... When I was in the Army it was standard practice to write your social security number on the check. I remember some clever soldiers even had it printed on the check under the name. Oh, we were so naive... :)

Ah, memories... When I was in the Army it was standard practice to write your social security number on the check. I remember some clever soldiers even had it printed on the check under the name. Oh, we were so naive... :)
I remember franking my letters in the combat zone. Because my SSN was my serial number, it had to be part of the return address on the outside of the envelope. Imagine that today. What an identity thief's dream!

I remember franking my letters in the combat zone. Because my SSN was my serial number, it had to be part of the return address on the outside of the envelope. Imagine that today. What an identity thief's dream!
That sure shows a change in criminal mentality from just a few years ago. Today, even when buried under tons of encryption, it isn't enough.

That sure shows a change in criminal mentality from just a few years ago. Today, even when buried under tons of encryption, it isn't enough.
For sure. AT&T notified me a week ago that they had a data break, and my social security number (one of many) was stolen.

About 8 or so years ago, I was at the Miami airport to interview some folks. I needed some cash, as I was headed to get lunch. The ATM denied m card and flashed a message for me to call my bank.

I did and learned that someone had purchased two $2,000 plus tickets to someplace I no longer remember. It was overseas. Took me a bit, but I got the money back. I still have no idea how they got my PIN, but I guess it's what they do.

For sure. AT&T notified me a week ago that they had a data break, and my social security number (one of many) was stolen.

About 8 or so years ago, I was at the Miami airport to interview some folks. I needed some cash, as I was headed to get lunch. The ATM denied m card and flashed a message for me to call my bank.

I did and learned that someone had purchased two $2,000 plus tickets to someplace I no longer remember. It was overseas. Took me a bit, but I got the money back. I still have no idea how they got my PIN, but I guess it's what they do.

Everyone, not just us older folks, need to wise up on what to look for on ATM machines, gas pumps and convenience store counter card machines to detect as to if there is a skimmer on the device. There are skimmers now installed inside the card slots of card machines that you can't even see, and the only way to detect them is if you have a special detector you can slide into the slot to determine its presence.

Guaranteed that the cashless society push will be backed by the idea that your money "is now safe" from thieves and identity thieves...

Yeah, right! All they have to do is get close enough to you to pick up the signal they are looking for, apply the right unencryption routines, and they will have your money lickity-split, and the politicians will still be touting the idea of security to keep the public from panicking!

I've never known there to be security in anything other than the power politicians continue to confiscate for themselves, with the freedoms they have taken never being in danger of our getting them back.

But, hey, the Lord is in control, He is our King and His Justice is perfect and timely.

Amen

MM

Back