Getting Used To The Dark

John 3:19-21

King James Version

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Hello forgiven;

This is the first time I heard, Getting Used To The Dark or The Mckameys.

This reminded me when I was in my 30s and our Church had a healthy depth of music ministry elder singers and pianists. Most of them went to be with the Lord but left my wife and me an inspiration to grow in Christ.

God bless you, forgiven, for sharing.

for those who may not viewed the video here is the message
we find in john 13 verse 30 after jesus administered the Lord supper to judas he left in the night. which is darkness which represents eternal separation from God. he sold his soul for 30 pieces of silver but note just before that Satan entered in to Judas . there are many out there selling out for a lot less Jesus said if i gained the whole world and lost our soul what would it have profited us .

this world we Live in is full of darkness Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. there is a darkness a fight to gain our soul.

good news is john 8: 5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world. Jesus is our flash light when the Light comes on darkness has to flee

CHRISTIAN LIVES ARE WRECKED BY SIN,
AND WE BLAME IT ON THE WORLD WE'RE IN.
WE SAY THERE'S NOTHING WE CAN DO,
INSTEAD OF BEING A SHINING LIGHT
WE'RE JUST DOING RIGHT IN OUR OWN EYES.
AS CHRISTIANS WE'RE NOT DOING OUR PART
WE'RE JUST GETTING USED TO THE DARK.

II
SIN'S ALL AROUND US YET WE DON'T THINK,
THIS WORLDS REALLY AS BAD AS IT SEEMS
WE JUST CLOSE OUR EYES TO WHAT'S GOING ON
WE'RE NOT BURDEN FOR THE SINNER MAN
DON'T GIVE OUR BROTHER A HELPING HAND,
IT'S TIME WE SHOW THE WORLD A LITTLE SPARK
INSTEAD OF GETTING USED TO THE DARK.

CHORUS
WE'RE GETTING USED TO THE DARK,
WE'RE GETTING USED TO THE DARK,
WE'RE NOT PRAYING TO CHANGE ANY HEARTS
WE'RE JUST GETTING USED TO THE DARK.

John 3:19-21​

King James Version​

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
Used to listen to the McKameys a lot in the early '90's, ("God on the Mountain" live).

What an excellent reminder you've offered... "Get use to the dark, or let the light convict you." (my paraphrase...)

Thank you for this!

Used to listen to the McKameys a lot in the early '90's, ("God on the Mountain" live).

What an excellent reminder you've offered... "Get used to the dark, or let the light convict you." (my paraphrase...)

I connect with the scripture you included!

Thank you for this!
we have seen them several times first time we seen them o gave ms peg a hug here words she loved hugs and to pray for the group . they came to the area we live which we seldom get groups in here..i shook her husbands hand thanked him for coming.. he said well thank you for having us.. peg has gone on to be with the Lord her daughter and her husband and sn has picked up the banner they was the real deal peg would get fired up kick her shoes off.. . i preached this subject last sunday

Back