Gifts

Gifts are not a valued item with God, it is how a person employs them.
We tend to look up to someone who might be highly intelligent, great musician or possess some extraordinary ability, and that is our problem. We easily forget that God raises up or keeps a person simple.
Too often a person which stands out by some extraordinary ability becomes a stuffed shirt. As the saying goes 'they had more intelligence than they could control'. To achieve His purpose God sometimes keeps his children humble, consider, they were often shepherds. Even the Apostle Paul was humbled.
So let's not feel bad about our limitations but know that God has a purpose in all things.

Gifts are not a valued item with God, it is how a person employs them.
We tend to look up to someone who might be highly intelligent, great musician or possess some extraordinary ability, and that is our problem. We easily forget that God raises up or keeps a person simple.
Too often a person which stands out by some extraordinary ability becomes a stuffed shirt. As the saying goes 'they had more intelligence than they could control'. To achieve His purpose God sometimes keeps his children humble, consider, they were often shepherds. Even the Apostle Paul was humbled.
So let's not feel bad about our limitations but know that God has a purpose in all things.
Amen. I have more to add but I am with my daughter teaching her embroidery šŸ˜‰

Gifts are not a valued item with God, it is how a person employs them. We tend to look up to someone who might be highly intelligent, great musician or possess some extraordinary ability, and that is our problem. We easily forget that God raises up or keeps a person simple. Too often a person which stands out by some extraordinary ability becomes a stuffed shirt. As the saying goes 'they had more intelligence than they could control'. To achieve His purpose God sometimes keeps his children humble, consider, they were often shepherds. Even the Apostle Paul was humbled. So let's not feel bad about our limitations but know that God has a purpose in all things.

Hello 2404;

This is a great thread and eye opener for discussion. Thank you, brother.

I have actually witnessed those who use their gifts, remained humble and teach others who may have the same gift. I agree we shouldn't feel bad about our limitations because God can still do great things with our limitations.

God bless you, 2404, and your family.

Back