Giving Thanks

Dusty

Inactive
Giving Thanks

Luke 17:11-19 --- NIV

Ten Healed of Leprosy

11Now on his way to Jerusalem, Jesus traveled along the border between Samaria and Galilee. 12As he was going into a village, ten men who had leprosy[a]met him. They stood at a distance 13and called out in a loud voice, "Jesus, Master, have pity on us!"

14When he saw them, he said, "Go, show yourselves to the priests." And as they went, they were cleansed.
15One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice. 16He threw himself at Jesus' feet and thanked him—and he was a Samaritan. 17Jesus asked, "Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? 18Was no one found to return and give praise to God except this foreigner?" 19Then he said to him, "Rise and go; your faith has made you well."

Footnotes:
  1. Luke 17:12 The Greek word was used for various diseases affecting the skin—not necessarily leprosy.
It always made me wonder when there were ten who got healed why only one came back to thank Jesus And to top it of this one was a Samaritan. So in wondering were the other nine healed.? To me it looks like the Samaratan was the only one healed.because of his faith.

When one of the men saw that he was healed, he went back to
Jesus. He praised God loudly. He bowed down at Jesus' feet.
The man thanked Jesus. (This man was a Samaritan.)

-- Luke 17:15-16 (ERV)

How do we respond when our cry for mercy receives its loving answer
from our Master? This story is a reminder of our need to unabashedly
praise and thank Jesus for his healing power, mercy, and grace. When
was the last time you fell face down and praised Jesus? When was the
last time you thanked him from the bottom of your heart and with your
physical posture. One of the key words for worship means to bow ("to
kiss the ground"). When was the last time you praised and thanked the
Lord for all that he has done for you with a genuine heart and a
prostrate posture?

Let us all remember to give thanks to our Saviour for His faithfullness and goodness towards us. Like David wrote in Psalm 100 :4 we also today need to " Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His Name.

Where are the other 9 indeed- I will have to count myself as one of the greatful ones as I lean upon the mercy of my God every minute of every day. Thanks Dusty

YoureWelcomeMoving.gif

Heh Dusty- this song is for you:
I am sure you will love it, it is a classic Integrity release from Don Moen entitled Give Thanks !

I will have to count myself as one of the greatful ones as I lean upon the mercy of my God every minute of every day.

I'm with you on this. I'm saved only by his amazing gracy and tender mercy.

Thanks.... I have never ordered anything on line but I guess now that the Canadian Dollar is par, I can get a good deal. Thanks. I really like his music.

Luke 17:11-19 --- NIV
Let us all remember to give thanks to our Saviour for His faithfullness and goodness towards us. Like David wrote in Psalm 100 :4 we also today need to " Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His Name.

:goodpost: Dusty!

thank_you-3.gif

Yes you all . We have so much to be thankful for in North America. We are truly blest countries. And I for one do not want to take that lightly.

Back