Glory Road

In a small poor village high in the mountains lived two brothers. Life wasn't easy living in a small hut trying to care for a few sheep. In time the old couple past on leaving the brothers to find their own way. The temptation to go the easy way was too great so the brothers stole a sheep. Of course in such a small community it was soon discovered and the boys were punished by branding ST on their foreheads so it would be forever known that you are a sheep theif. For one brother the burden became too great and he started to run from one place to the next but he was always confronted with the mark and never found peace. The other brother stayed in the village and bowed his head in humble service and living. As the years went by a small boy once asked his mother 'mummy what is the ST on that old mans forrhead' the mother thought for a moment and said 'I don't know son but I think it means Saint...
Aren't you glad that the Lord gave you something to overcome?

In a small poor village high in the mountains lived two brothers. Life wasn't easy living in a small hut trying to care for a few sheep. In time the old couple past on leaving the brothers to find their own way. The temptation to go the easy way was too great so the brothers stole a sheep. Of course in such a small community it was soon discovered and the boys were punished by branding ST on their foreheads so it would be forever known that you are a sheep theif. For one brother the burden became too great and he started to run from one place to the next but he was always confronted with the mark and never found peace. The other brother stayed in the village and bowed his head in humble service and living. As the years went by a small boy once asked his mother 'mummy what is the ST on that old mans forrhead' the mother thought for a moment and said 'I don't know son but I think it means Saint...
Aren't you glad that the Lord gave you something to overcome?
That analogy happens to this day, and even my family and myself go through these things. I am the brother that stayed in the village, i face animosity being christian and being a good person. It bothers me a bit but i persist because i know the reward is greater than the sacrifice. I can expect these things to happen. What Jesus said has come to pass in my life.

Back