GOD’s Commandment # 9; Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness Against Thy Neighbor – Thou Shalt Not Lie! = Exodus 20;16

GOD’s Commandment # 9; Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness Against Thy Neighbor – Thou Shalt Not Lie! = Exodus 20;16

Exodus 20;16

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Jeremiah 9:4-9

Take ye heed every one of his neighbour, and trust ye not in any brother: for every brother will utterly supplant, and every neighbour will walk with slanders. And they will deceive every one his neighbour, and will not speak the truth: they have taught their tongue to speak lies, and weary themselves to commit iniquity. Thine habitation is in the midst of deceit; through deceit they refuse to know me, saith the LORD. Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, I will melt them, and try them; for how shall I do for the daughter of my people? Their tongue is as an arrow shot out; it speaketh deceit: one speaketh peaceably to his neighbour with his mouth, but in heart he layeth his wait. Shall I not visit them for these things? saith the LORD: shall not my soul be avenged on such a nation as this?

Proverbs 6:16-19

These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto Him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Proverbs 19:5

A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall not escape.

Isaiah 59:13-14

In transgressing and lying against the LORD, and departing away from our God, speaking oppression and revolt, conceiving and uttering from the heart words of falsehood. And judgment is turned away backward, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter.

Proverbs 19:9

A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall perish.

I Timothy 4;1-2

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Psalms 119:118

Thou hast trodden down all them that err from thy statutes: for their deceit is falsehood.

Matthew 19:18

He saith unto Him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness;

Mark 10;19

Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

Luke 18:20

Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

Daniel 11:27

And both of these kings' hearts shall be to do mischief, and they shall speak lies at one table; but it shall not prosper: for yet the end shall be at the time appointed.

Proverbs 19:5

A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall not escape.

AMEN

Back