God Bless America!!

As the 4th of July is about to land on us again. God has blessed America and prospered us greatly and I thought I would give you 3 things that I for one am grateful for. You are then challenged to add to my 3 what you personally grateful for.

1. MY FREEDOM!

The government did not choose my career. The government did not tell my wife and I how many children we could have. The government has not told us where we had to live. The government does not tell me where I can go and where I can not go. The government does not tell me what kind of church I must attend, and of course the government does not keep me from going to church! We are truly a blessed people among people!

Have you just sat and thought about some of the freedoms we have and take for granted????

Only in America can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.
Only in America are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.
Only in America do people order cheeseburgers and fries with a "diet Coke".
Only in America do we buy hot dogs in a pack of ten and the buns in packs of eight.

I believe anyone that burns the American flag in disgust gives me the freedom to set them on fire as well.
Freedom of speech is freedom of speech! When the flag that hangs over a dead American hero can be stomped and burned and that falls under freedom of speech and judges approve of it, then every single one of those judges needs to be voted out, or better yet, give them a rifle and send them to a combat zone.

Remember, it was Abraham Lincoln who said in 1863:
"We have been the recipients of the choicest bounties of heaven but we have forgotten God".

Patrick Henry once said:
"It can not be said too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by religionists,
but by Christians. Not on religions sake, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ".

2. MY FAMILY!
There are three things that God ordained.

1. The Family.
2. The Church.
3. Government.

Since the Garden of Eden, Satan has done everything he could do to destroy the family.
The family is the backbone of society. Without it there would be to government and no church.
The devil is still working hard to destroy the family unit and he is doing it through DIVORCE, ABORTION and HOMOSEXUALITY!

God has condemned homosexuality and abortion yet we still hear cries from church denominations that those things are choices. NO THEY ARE NOT!! They are SIN and God hates SIN!
Most of us want to be friendly and get along and I am one of those but, when God so thoroughly condemns these sins we better make sure that we are on His side in these matters and not on our own.

Those who have no problem with homosexuality and abortionists will then call these practices things that "liberals" do. WRONG!!!! These are not "liberal" ideas and actions, they are UNGODLY acts of depravity and they destroy the family unit.

3. OUR FELLOWSIP.
Fellowship with God's people is a precious thing. We can share our faith and our love for the Lord and how it binds us together. Fellowship is more than just a meal.......it is FAMILY! We have our mothers and fathers and mates but if we love Jesus we also have brothers and sisters in Christ.

The family of God is by the grace of God and God's salvation is His gift to us in Jesus Christ.
God's grace brings salvation to all who will come to and accept the love of God for us which is in Christ Jesus.

The truth is, not a one of us was good enough for God to save us, but He did it anyway. That is the grace of God in action. God did not save us because of our goodness or our ability to keep a set of rules or commandments. He did it because we were SINNERS, lost and without hope.

How then can we show our gratitude to a Holy God for His blessings in this land we live????

1. We can deny acts of ungodliness and just say NO to temptation.
2. We can live soberly, be self controlled and disciplined and set an example.
3. We can live righteously. Treat your friends as friends. Speak well of your fellow man.

*********Happy Birthday America**********

Psalms 9:17 (KJV)
The wicked shall be turned into hell, [and] all the nations that forget God.

I so weep for America. :cry:

Back