God is no longer winking--- Judgment is coming

23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, To The Unknown God. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which " he will judge the world in righteousness" by that man whom he hath ordained whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

this aint popular but its the truth. we are living in as in the days of Noah .
the marriage act the democrats and the white house along with the 12 republicans'.
who voted for this helped bring judgment that much closer.
this aint doom and gloom well for the lost it is and those who are at ease in mt Zion

Hello forgiven;

Amen and amen!
I'd like to complement (contribute or help complete) God is no longer winking --- Judgment is coming

In Isaiah 40:31, 31 but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. - ESV

God's promise of strength is assured as we seek and rely on Him to overcome the world's DESTRUCTION while remaining obedient, not perfect, but obedient.

Matthew 24:12-13, 12 Because lawlessness is increased, the love of most people will grow cold. 13 But the one who endures and bears up [under suffering] to the end will be saved. - AMP

Those who endure great suffering while standing firm in His GREATER Love and Love for one another will reap salvation.

I look around me this Christmas Season and I wanted to thank you for this profound reminder.

God bless you, brother, your family and ministry.

Hello forgiven;

Amen and amen!
I'd like to complement (contribute or help complete) God is no longer winking --- Judgment is coming

In Isaiah 40:31, 31 but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. - ESV

God's promise of strength is assured as we seek and rely on Him to overcome the world's DESTRUCTION while remaining obedient, not perfect, but obedient.

Matthew 24:12-13, 12 Because lawlessness is increased, the love of most people will grow cold. 13 But the one who endures and bears up [under suffering] to the end will be saved. - AMP

Those who endure great suffering while standing firm in His GREATER Love and Love for one another will reap salvation.

I look around me this Christmas Season and I wanted to thank you for this profound reminder.

God bless you, brother, your family and ministry.

Whether or not the USA is under the judgment of God is not the real question. The real question is how much longer is God going to put up with us????

For just a second, consider the churches – the called of God. Listen Bob, YOU and I have been there. We have sat in the conferences and the "round tables" and meeting and what have we been told and taught in the last 25 years??????

I have heard and been told by the higher ups in the SBC-----YOU preachers have the influence and ability draw people together and preach LOVE, and acceptance and tolerance so that YOU can maintain your church rolls and your campus.

What a crock!!!!! We (Not me) I am afraid have bought into that and instead of preaching to condemn evil, sin and immorality, have instead preached sermonettes to appease the masses.

Sermonettes = Christianetts!!!! What has it gotten us???????????
NO Bible reading in schools.
NO Prayer in schools and even in public.
Killing babies is legal.
Homosexual marriages are legal.
A mugger gets out of jail before the Mugged gets out of the hospital.

Will the churches of America just try to continue preaching these feel good and “here’s the message for the day which is important but nonthreatening to the evils in society” sermons, or will they begin taking leaps of faith and dangerous risks in order to combat the extreme immorality in the world today? What is the church doing to save the lost people of America?

Bob........can you remember the last time you listened to a preacher pound the pull pit with sweat running down his face preaching the gospel of the Lord Jesus to a church of sinners??????

Seminaries today teach students........."Don't let them see you sweat"!

Serene Jones, president of Union Theological Seminary in New York said recently......
"I do not believe in the bodily resurrection of Christ, the power of prayer, a literal heaven, or miracles. "
Source: https://www.christianheadlines.com/contributors/michael-foust

Hartford Seminary in Bible belt, Tennessee is offering master’s and doctoral degrees as well as certificates in Islamic studies and Christian-Muslim relations.!!!!!! THINK ABOUT that for a minute.

But Hartford isn’t the only North American institution of graduate-level theological education offering classes, programs, degrees, and chaplaincy certification in Islamic studies. Increasingly, other primarily Christian theological schools are hiring Muslim faculty, attracting Muslim students, and including Muslims on their boards.
Source: https://intrust.org/Magazine/Issues/Autumn-2016/Teaching-Islam-in-Christian-seminaries

For ME personally, that is just plain STUPID!

the whole world had gone that way/ its not just the united states its every where .but the united states is where i live . 2nd chronicles 7:14 if each person would put this into practice . i just listened to a 49 min teaching on theology. i am telling ya the teacher was dry. we have educated preachers who dont know how to rely on the anointing.

i am not against education wish i had did better with mine. the men of old lie Adrian rogers Jay Vernon McGee i am sure others i dont know of .but both i listed have dr. degrees but bring it to a level of understanding and they dont sugar coat it. i cant stand dry preaching

the whole world had gone that way/ its not just the united states its every where .but the united states is where i live . 2nd chronicles 7:14 if each person would put this into practice . i just listened to a 49 min teaching on theology. i am telling ya the teacher was dry. we have educated preachers who dont know how to rely on the anointing.

i am not against education wish i had did better with mine. the men of old lie Adrian rogers Jay Vernon McGee i am sure others i dont know of .but both i listed have dr. degrees but bring it to a level of understanding and they dont sugar coat it. i cant stand dry preaching

You are correct!

A worship service where Education without the anointing of the gift of preaching is nothing more than a rountine chore.

Whether or not the USA is under the judgment of God is not the real question. The real question is how much longer is God going to put up with us????

For just a second, consider the churches – the called of God. Listen Bob, YOU and I have been there. We have sat in the conferences and the "round tables" and meeting and what have we been told and taught in the last 25 years??????

I have heard and been told by the higher ups in the SBC-----YOU preachers have the influence and ability draw people together and preach LOVE, and acceptance and tolerance so that YOU can maintain your church rolls and your campus.

What a crock!!!!! We (Not me) I am afraid have bought into that and instead of preaching to condemn evil, sin and immorality, have instead preached sermonettes to appease the masses.

Sermonettes = Christianetts!!!! What has it gotten us???????????
NO Bible reading in schools.
NO Prayer in schools and even in public.
Killing babies is legal.
Homosexual marriages are legal.
A mugger gets out of jail before the Mugged gets out of the hospital.

Will the churches of America just try to continue preaching these feel good and “here’s the message for the day which is important but nonthreatening to the evils in society” sermons, or will they begin taking leaps of faith and dangerous risks in order to combat the extreme immorality in the world today? What is the church doing to save the lost people of America?

Bob........can you remember the last time you listened to a preacher pound the pull pit with sweat running down his face preaching the gospel of the Lord Jesus to a church of sinners??????

Seminaries today teach students........."Don't let them see you sweat"!

Serene Jones, president of Union Theological Seminary in New York said recently......
"I do not believe in the bodily resurrection of Christ, the power of prayer, a literal heaven, or miracles. "
Source: https://www.christianheadlines.com/contributors/michael-foust

Hartford Seminary in Bible belt, Tennessee is offering master’s and doctoral degrees as well as certificates in Islamic studies and Christian-Muslim relations.!!!!!! THINK ABOUT that for a minute.

But Hartford isn’t the only North American institution of graduate-level theological education offering classes, programs, degrees, and chaplaincy certification in Islamic studies. Increasingly, other primarily Christian theological schools are hiring Muslim faculty, attracting Muslim students, and including Muslims on their boards.
Source: https://intrust.org/Magazine/Issues/Autumn-2016/Teaching-Islam-in-Christian-seminaries

Hello my brother Major;

First of all, Merry Christmas to you and your family!

I read your post and agree. I feel we could be saying same thing in two different posts.

How long is God going to put up with us? I try to pinpoint God's barometer of patience with this world on all four corners, not just the United States. The United States in the eyes of the Christian community and God's judgment is not the real question but on all of us.
How about the rest of the world? Then I think to myself, we should be amazed by His patience.

Let me share my thought out open. The United States has always boasted of being a nation built on Christian principles, or this is "God's country." You and I have studied at seminary the Biblical history. It wasn't God, but the world that had long since put the USA on a pedestal. When the United States sneezes, other countries catch a cold. Pooh pooh to that!

What I have seen in my time (late 50s to today) people were and are still offended by the Gospel. I was one of them at one time. I'll paraphrase John MacArthur's quote, "I didn't prepare my sermon for 3000 people to get their approval, but to preach the Gospel and offend everyone."

At seminary I remember sitting in class and listened to the professor (hold our hands) and remind us of the attention span of the congregation is about 20 minutes. So just get to the point and they can go home thinking of what you said."

I was bothered and after class confronted the professor, respectfully, "What's with that? What did I pay this seminary for?" It didn't go well with him and I ended his class that semester with barely a B. I hoped for a better score. But he knew nothing about my community and congregation. Still it did not hinder my preaching the Gospel or if it went longer.

I have been told I can be pretty cold for a pastor. Yet I have always desired to have the same shepherd's heart whether at CFS, home or in the community. As I got older I accepted the way I am.

But I have to preach the Gospel and as MacArthur said, "I'm going to offend people." At the pulpit I saw their faces, conviction, looking down and some weeping. Some didn't come back to church and I was told it was my fault. I was quoted as saying in my sermons, "now, this is going to sting and it should!"

Major,
people don't want to hear the Gospel and I have also heard how Christian institutions and Christian associations worldwide have compromised the Gospel by giving certificates to Islam, Muslim and other Christian institutions to Buddhism. There are certificates for the Mormons, Jehovah's Witness, the last 5 alone who don't accept the Gospel, or that Christ is the Begotten Son of God.

The "feel good" that people want in a sermon, Bible study, street witnessing or nominal Christianity doesn't realize they are being sucked in toward the "wider gate" with the world, because it's easy. Other's just want to celebrate their sin and at the same time shout, Lord, Lord Jesus!
I tell you the truth. They are definitely getting undershepherd.

In the end, Jesus will say to the Father, I never knew you. Matthew 7:21-23, 21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

I do hear you, Major, and in response to your post I feel I made my point and I don't need to preach to the choir.

I'm also angry, so what do we do to reach the lost or the stubborn? For starters it must begin with ourselves, witnessing to those who will choose to proceed through the small and narrow gate, because on the other side is the Christ who will tell the Father, I knew them.

God bless you, brother.

we live in some perilous times . i agree there has and always will be the type people you listed.

also on the other hand 23 years preaching i have had more problems with Christians than i have the lost.

lets face people have lost their want to and desire for Church. covid hit we shut down imo was a huge mistake. when i got saved some 27-28 years ago you could have Church.. call for a week revival your support is less than %50 .

this is not being negative its the truth. i ddnt have the chance at seminary like others did. i came from a generation who thought. they was born to be wild. if i could do it with out being caught i tried it.
over the years i have had the primage of sitting under seasoned preachers. 40-50 years of preaching the word. people are blinded by the God of this world . i just seen where a gospel singer and her husband was hosting her nieces same sex marriage.

this past sunday i asked another preacher to bring the message. he introduced him self. then he mentioned about visiting a big church. he carried his Bible in. some one told him you dont see that very often.

then his next remark was its my job to tell you the truth and its your job to know the truth. i pray every day and seek the Lord . i see people i the same as know profess salvation. yet i know in my heart odds are they are Lost :eek::eek:.

a lady messaged me a while back asking pray for lady she worked with. her sister was shot in cold blood murdered . i said i will how about you coming to Church and help me pray. SILENCE another profess of being saved.. we are either in the Luke warm era or the dead era or the lost first Love era. imo i think its a combination of all.

if Church is not important then why did he allow Antioch to start . the Church ( US ) needs the spirit of the living God to breath new life into us.

were living in the valley of dry bones

Let me share my thought out open. The United States has always boasted of being a nation built on Christian principles, or this is "God's country." You and I have studied at seminary the Biblical history. It wasn't God, but the world that had long since put the USA on a pedestal. When the United States sneezes, other countries catch a cold. Pooh pooh to that!
my thoughts the prophetic clock is ticking and its 11:59

Hello my brother Major;

First of all, Merry Christmas to you and your family!

I read your post and agree. I feel we could be saying same thing in two different posts.

How long is God going to put up with us? I try to pinpoint God's barometer of patience with this world on all four corners, not just the United States. The United States in the eyes of the Christian community and God's judgment is not the real question but on all of us.
How about the rest of the world? Then I think to myself, we should be amazed by His patience.

What I have seen in my time (late 50s to today) people were and are still offended by the Gospel. I was one of them at one time. I'll paraphrase John MacArthur's quote, "I didn't prepare my sermon for 3000 people to get their approval, but to preach the Gospel and offend everyone."

At seminary I remember sitting in class and listened to the professor (hold our hands) and remind us of the attention span of the congregation is about 20 minutes. So just get to the point and they can go home thinking of what you said."

I was bothered and after class confronted the professor, respectfully, "What's with that? What did I pay this seminary for?" It didn't go well with him and I ended his class that semester with barely a B. I hoped for a better score. But he knew nothing about my community and congregation. Still it did not hinder my preaching the Gospel or if it went longer.

I have been told I can be pretty cold for a pastor. Yet I have always desired to have the same shepherd's heart whether at CFS, home or in the community. As I got older I accepted the way I am.

But I have to preach the Gospel and as MacArthur said, "I'm going to offend people." At the pulpit I saw their faces, conviction, looking down and some weeping. Some didn't come back to church and I was told it was my fault. I was quoted as saying in my sermons, "now, this is going to sting and it should!"

Major,
people don't want to hear the Gospel and I have also heard how Christian institutions and Christian associations worldwide have compromised the Gospel by giving certificates to Islam, Muslim and other Christian institutions to Buddhism. There are certificates for the Mormons, Jehovah's Witness, the last 5 alone who don't accept the Gospel, or that Christ is the Begotten Son of God.

The "feel good" that people want in a sermon, Bible study, street witnessing or nominal Christianity doesn't realize they are being sucked in toward the "wider gate" with the world, because it's easy. Other's just want to celebrate their sin and at the same time shout, Lord, Lord Jesus!
I tell you the truth. They are definitely getting undershepherd.

In the end, Jesus will say to the Father, I never knew you. Matthew 7:21-23, 21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

I do hear you, Major, and in response to your post I feel I made my point and I don't need to preach to the choir.

I'm also angry, so what do we do to reach the lost or the stubborn? For starters it must begin with ourselves, witnessing to those who will choose to proceed through the small and narrow gate, because on the other side is the Christ who will tell the Father, I knew them.

God bless you, brother.

We sit in the same choir brother.

What I have realized at my advanced age is that I really do not care what people think of me. Then I had one of my deacons remind me.....Preacher........for as long as I have known you - You never cared what people thought. YOU always preached the un-apologetic Word of God!

There was a time, back in the early 80's that the conservative element of the SBC took controle. That has now reversed and the liberals are once again in charge. That is very sad to me.

Our greatest enemy is not ISIS or Planned Parenthood. It’s not Hollywood. It’s not atheist professors who ruin the faith of our sweet, Christian college freshmen (who must not have been truly Christian in the first place if they fell away so quickly). And the greatest enemies are not secular politicians and Supreme Court judges, or greedy corporations who hurt the poor and destroy the environment.

IT is LIBERALISM! The greatest enemies are not external, but internal.

Someone once said......"We have met the enemy and it is US!.

That is the root of what we are talking about.

Liberalism says.........Preach Feel Good Sermons! Stay as you are, God loves you. Come on in and stay as you are. Even Satan is welcome here. We promise not to offend you.

Liberalism says.........Cannt we just get along??? YOU have the right to choose the way you want to live!

Judges 21:25.......
“Everyone did what was right in his own eyes”.

What has changed???..........3000 years of TIME!

Another place is Judges 2:10, which is a key verse in the book. Here the blame is laid on the fact that “there arose another generation . . . who did not know the LORD or the work that he had done for Israel.” Again, the foe is internal, not external.

Consider when the twelve spies did their recon in Numbers 13–14. They felt like grasshoppers facing giants, but the issue was never their relative size, but rather, Would Israel trust the God of the grasshoppers? Were there really GIANTS or did their FEAR make them giants because they did not trust God????

Now.....think about prayer meetings in churches today. They are an embarrassment to God! How many prayers are related to spiritual apathy, fear of the Lord, love for the lost, divisions among brothers and sisters, and our subtle syncretism? How many prayer requests do we make to find our greatest joy in our Father’s delight over us on account of the gospel?

forgiven61 said...

lets face people have lost their want to and desire for Church
Yes they have. And I can tell you I didn't want to go to church last week either.

Its really easy listening to the feel good sermons but I don't feel inspired by them. Mainly its just a recognition that I share the same experience. There seems to be no change and just a measly acknowledgment.

i've noticed the best change comes from something that makes you uncomfortable in some way. And its usually the truth peaking through in its raw form that works its way in that works better for me.

And im not into these spirit filled feel good churches either.

I'd really like to see some Spirit Filled Raw Truth churches where the pastor are really really inspired to tell it as it is no holds barred...

Maybe i'm just turning into an old fashioned victorian spinster lady.

forgiven61 said...

Yes they have. And I can tell you I didn't want to go to church last week either.

Its really easy listening to the feel good sermons but I don't feel inspired by them. Mainly its just a recognition that I share the same experience. There seems to be no change and just a measly acknowledgment.

i've noticed the best change comes from something that makes you uncomfortable in some way. And its usually the truth peaking through in its raw form that works its way in that works better for me.

I'd really like to see some Spirit Filled Raw Truth churches where the pastor are really really inspired to tell it as it is no holds barred...

alot depends on your church service. i put everything i can into the forward part of the service just before i preach we sing a little chorus. couple of the favorites learning to lean and Lord prepare me to be a sanctuary. a church service needs flavor. 3 hymns turn it over to the pastor. just not much there we need enthusiasm..i will enter his gates with thanksgiving in my heart. i will enter his courts with praise. i will say this is the day that the Lord hath made i will rejoice for he has made me glad ,

its hard but go to church expecting GOD to move. ive got something you got something to praise GOD for this is what we need...

forgiven61 said...

"Maybe i'm just turning into an old fashioned victorian spinster lady."

Substitute right wing Christian southern gentleman;) then you are in the choir as me!!!!!!!!

Back