God told me not to do something, and I disobeyed. But He was still faithful.

There was this game that I used to play called Smite. It was about pagan gods fighting each other. It was really fun. But, of course, problems would arise spiritually about this game.

I asked God many times if I should play this game, if He would approve. All signs pointed to Him saying not to. I was in and out of the game, playing it and then quitting, etc. I did this five times. The fourth time I was about to get into the game again, I felt such a strong presence telling me, "NO!". It was the same experience that I had the first time God talked to me and I noticed. But I did not care, and I got into the game again (twice).

Every time I played that game, I felt like God did not love me anymore. I felt separated from Him. I hated the feeling, but I really loved the game. I kept on playing.

As you can see, I disobeyed God at least three times. But He was still faithful to me. Just yesterday, I was playing the game. God showed me something that I never noticed in the game before: the Satanic seal, a pentagram inside a circle. This amazed me. You guys can see the seal for yourselves here :
H36oHHx.jpg

I was in the middle of a game, so I just finished that game up, which I am disappointed about. But I will never play this game again. I used to embrace thoughts about this game, because I liked it so much. But now I forcefully reject them, because of this cleverly hidden seal. You can watch a video of someone playing this game to understand how it was so cleverly hidden.

This is just one example of how I disobeyed God, but He was faithful to me. Also, in church, one thing that my pastor talked about was how we walk towards Christ, but we get distracted. This game was a huge distraction for me, and God helped me get rid of it for good. Praise God!

Just gonna tell you right now God loves you no matter what you do. Whether you play a video game with stars in it or not he loves you and had his son pay for your sins.

Reactions: Juk
Just gonna tell you right now God loves you no matter what you do. Whether you play a video game with stars in it or not he loves you and had his son pay for your sins.
I'm just thankful that I got out of that game for good. I was bad at it anyway and it made me uncomfortable playing it. The Bible says that if you do something that you believe is wrong, you are sinning.

I'm just thankful that I got out of that game for good. I was bad at it anyway and it made me uncomfortable playing it. The Bible says that if you do something that you believe is wrong, you are sinning.
Yes, don't sin against your conscience, do whatever it is the Spirit compels you to do.

Yah, I saw this a while ago,... there are alot of 'symbols" in pop culture (meaning musiq,video games ect, esp anime)

Now, you don't have to go batty... justdon't watch/play something that doesn't feel right to you.

Well little man, seems as if God is showing you, that He is speaking to you, and He is showing you how He speaks to you. Thus He is answering your prayers.

When we do something that we know that the Holy Spirit says not to do...we kind of put up a block so to speak. So the next time He speaks we dismiss that one too. Then it gets to the point where we cannot hear Him because we have shut our receptors down. Then we wonder why we have not heard from God and feel like He is very far away. So then we have to go and ask God to show us where we missed it, so that we can repent and then obey. Then as we repent, then we can receive our cleansing from unrighteousness (1 John 1:9) and be restored to right standing again. We put our breastplate of righteousness back on.

It was neat to hear, that God loves you so much, and knows your heart...that He found a way to get your attention, so that you could be in His will, and not the will of your flesh. Glory be to God!!!

God only uses His Word to advise the Christian walk. Verses from the KJV.
Rom:1
[17] For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
Rom:10
[17] So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

He might, under certain situations, also use what is called second causes. Second causes are events or situations that direct the believer in his or her walk. The believer, if in a situation of doubt, despair or unknowing what to do, will find obvious direction by God's grace.

[17] For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

He might, under certain situations, also use what is called second causes. Second causes are events or situations that direct the believer in his or her walk. The believer, if in a situation of doubt, despair or unknowing what to do, will find obvious direction by God's grace.
Can these second causes also be certain sins?

Do you have any suggestions as to how to effectively search the Scriptures for a specific topic? I think that it would take years of experience. Also, I do understand that the Holy Spirit would lead me to certain Scriptures when He wants to.

Do you have any suggestions as to how to effectively search the Scriptures for a specific topic? I think that it would take years of experience. Also, I do understand that the Holy Spirit would lead me to certain Scriptures when He wants to.
I have been a Christian close to 40 years. This link I found a few years ago and has been very useful when wanting to search the scriptures to see if these are so. It contains all 66 books plus Apocrypha and has simple and complex searching amongst other features. A great online KJV which for me has not been bettered.
http://quod.lib.umich.edu/k/kjv/browse.html

Can these second causes also be certain sins?
Second Causes are God's providential working in our lives to direct us into closer communion with Him. He may use a death in the family, a disease, the loss of a dear friend. The ways are too numerous to mention. He may use our sinful nature, knowing our helplessness and our inability to do right, to bring about events which direct us away from sin and giving us a greater knowledge of the deceitfulness of sin. We sin daily, in thought, word and deed. The Apostle Paul sums up the believers dilemma in this verse and when he said this HE was a Christian. Notice he is saying this in the PRESENT tense. Verses KJV.
Romans 7
[19] For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
But he goes on to answer the dilemma in these following verses.

[20] Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
[21] I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
[22] For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
[23] But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
[24] O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
[25] I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Second Causes are God's providential working in our lives to direct us into closer communion with Him. He may use a death in the family, a disease, the loss of a dear friend. The ways are too numerous to mention. He may use our sinful nature, knowing our helplessness and our inability to do right, to bring about events which direct us away from sin and giving us a greater knowledge of the deceitfulness of sin. We sin daily, in thought, word and deed. The Apostle Paul sums up the believers dilemma in this verse and when he said this HE was a Christian. Notice he is saying this in the PRESENT tense. Verses KJV.
Romans 7
[19] For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
But he goes on to answer the dilemma in these following verses.

[20] Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
[21] I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
[22] For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
[23] But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
[24] O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
[25] I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
Thanks, someone said that Paul was not talking about Christians in this verse. But not on this site. It is an encouraging piece to know that everyone deals with sin and not just me.

Sorry citizen, but I reject your notion that God only uses "His Word" to advise the christian walk. God's primary advice or direction always comes first from the Holy Spirit working through our human spirit.
Ask yourself how God directed people before the bible was written? In fact, the bible is full of examples of God directing people NOT through the bible as we know it, either because it had not been written then, or alternatively was outside their reach or knowledge of those people.
Unfortunately the doctrine that God only speaks through the bible is a tradition that has closed the spiritual ears of believers for generations. It encourages believers to leave their human spirit fast asleep, deaf and blind, and rely on their intellectual knowledge instead, just like Adam. It matters not that his intellectual knowledge is filled with bible stuff.

Most of the many thousands of situations I have been seeking God for directions on have absolutely nothing to do with doctrine, so expecting biblical direction would have been nonsense.
These requests include
Being told to leave my teaching job and let God become my direct boss.
Being told to start several different business since that time.
Being told to sell my house and move several hundred miles away.
Being told in a dream exactly where the fault lay in a complex plumbing system when several experts had failed.
Being given an open vision of a specific shaped piece of steel and knowing it was meant to repair the concealed internal mechanism of a production machine.
Hearing the quiet whisper of the Holy Spirit urgently telling me to slow right down before a car crash which would have killed us otherwise.
Being clearly led over the years each house to buy. 6 times in all so far.
In fact, for me, hearing the voice of the Spirit has been the norm for over 50 years! This is no puffed up boast, just the normal christian life.

Sorry citizen, but I reject your notion that God only uses "His Word" to advise the christian walk. God's primary advice or direction always comes first from the Holy Spirit working through our human spirit.
Ask yourself how God directed people before the bible was written? In fact, the bible is full of examples of God directing people NOT through the bible as we know it, either because it had not been written then, or alternatively was outside their reach or knowledge of those people.
Unfortunately the doctrine that God only speaks through the bible is a tradition that has closed the spiritual ears of believers for generations. It encourages believers to leave their human spirit fast asleep, deaf and blind, and rely on their intellectual knowledge instead, just like Adam. It matters not that his intellectual knowledge is filled with bible stuff.

Most of the many thousands of situations I have been seeking God for directions on have absolutely nothing to do with doctrine, so expecting biblical direction would have been nonsense.
These requests include
Being told in a dream exactly where the fault lay in a complex plumbing system when several experts had failed.
Being given an open vision of a specific shaped piece of steel and knowing it was meant to repair the concealed internal mechanism of a production machine.
Hearing the quiet whisper of the Holy Spirit urgently telling me to slow right down before a car crash which would have killed us otherwise.
In fact, for me, hearing the voice of the Spirit has been the norm for over 50 years! This is no puffed up boast, just the normal christian life.
Man, you really have been led by the Spirit! I pray that God will lead you even more through your days.

These requests include

Well, Mr. Drake, I beg to differ. The WORD of God is the Spirit of God. If the Holy Spirit did not apply the "WORD" to our hearts we would be in a most desperate condition. Verse KJV
Rom 8
[16] The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Now, I hope that you are not one of those that believes God gives special revelation or even talks personally with a so called believer.

Well, Mr. Drake, I beg to differ. The WORD of God is the Spirit of God. If the Holy Spirit did not apply the "WORD" to our hearts we would be in a most desperate condition. Verse KJV
Rom 8
[16] The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Now, I hope that you are not one of those that believes God gives special revelation or even talks personally with a so called believer.
The "word" is most certainly applied to our hearts by the Holy Spirit, but that does not mean the bible. Everything that I have described happening to me happened because of my relationship with God, not my relationship with the bible, KJV or any other version.

Citizen, just to make sure that we are not talking at cross purposes, is it your belief that "the word of God" refers to the scriptures (ie. as in KJV), because that is what it seems when I read this and your previous comment?

And as for your last question, I plead guilty. I am one of those nasty persons that believes that God speaks personally to him, God's Spirit to my own human spirit. How else do we know him?

Rom 8

But God DOES do that. He has spoken to me at least twice, once through a dream and once through a quickening in my spirit. He has also told people to be ordained as pastors, as I think He told Abdicate. Ever heard of the Book of Revelation?

He has also told people to be ordained as pastors, as I think He told Abdicate.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I don't have a degree in anything but technology. If I have anything Special, it's solely the Lord Jesus Christ and the guidance of the Holy Spirit - when I listen :)

Back