Godly correction...

It is neither unbiblical nor mean to confront people about sin.

“Rebuke a wise man and he will love you.” (Proverbs 9:8)

“Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently.” (Galatians 6:1)

“Do not regard him as an enemy, but warn him as a brother.” (2 Thessalonians 3:15)

“My brothers, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring him back, remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins.” (James 5:19-20)

Too many of our friends wander from God because we don’t love them enough to come along side of them and help them.

Proverbs 9:8
Galatians 6:1
2 Thessalonians 3:15
James 5:19-20

I am going to pray about these Scriptures later today. Also, I am going to praise Jesus about how those who listen to the Holy Spirit and apply these Scriptures correctly, bring Him glory.

Workplace politics can be a challenge, even among Christians. Often I remind myself to ask the Holy Spirit to direct my responses at work. I enjoy working with my co-workers and am supportive and respectful of their input, as they are mine. Gossip is often low-key, but if issues are not resolved, gossip is one tool some use to assert real problems are not resolved. I have been supportive in that I dismiss the gossip and focus on the issues asserted, of which the manager should have addressed. I have also sinned in that I fed into their need to be assertive and gossip.

When I concentrate on these Scriptures later today, my aim is to have the Holy Spirit guide me to other Scriptures that will aid me if I am able to get past a social introduction (a desire to talk about Jesus, the OT and NT studies) and communicate with a stranger about Jesus' Attributes and His work on the cross. Sometimes strangers say they do not sin or they see the sins of Christians. The correct response by me is to comply with 2 Thessalonians 3:15 and communicate Jesus was sinless (with examples from my heart) and Jesus forgives if we have faith and repent, as King Manasseh was forgiven for his many heinous sins when he came to faith.

It is neither unbiblical nor mean to confront people about sin.

“Rebuke a wise man and he will love you.” (Proverbs 9:8)

“Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently.” (Galatians 6:1)

“Do not regard him as an enemy, but warn him as a brother.” (2 Thessalonians 3:15)

“My brothers, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring him back, remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins.” (James 5:19-20)

Too many of our friends wander from God because we don’t love them enough to come along side of them and help them.

I believe this is an area to tread lightly on. For Jesus said judge not lest you be judged. Matthew 7:1-2 for with judgement you judge, you will be judged.

We have to really seek the Holy Spirit before we go to confront someone about what we view as their sin, for they may not have been convicted yet by the Holy Spirit, thus not having the same information we have.

Jesus is the only one who has the right to judge. It's our job to judge ourselves first and leave the convicting up to the Holy Spirit.

Blessings

Greetings Every One,
I am posting this now as a friendly reminder to Think before you speak.

This topic in the past has gone from love to I am right type attitude and quickly brought forth conduct unworthy of a Born Again Believer.

So I will keep a close eye on this thread for I don't want to see it bring forth unnecessary correction. ;)

Have a great day everyone.
Blessings
FCJ
images.jpg

Hello @Loon Watchman

Wanted to let you know I read the chapters of the Scriptures you posted and prayed and received an answer to how I should respond.

I know a response is necessary or I may be tempted to sin.

I know some of the Scriptures are specific corrections spelled out in each chapter. The Scriptures concern members of the Body of Christ.

I sensed lawlessness in Proverbs 9, but also a great instruction, a confidence nod, about whom to correct/respond to.

When stangers and Christians discuss sin, whether doubtfully or disgustfully, the Holy Spirit instructed me to respond with an encouraging attitude. I feel comfortable encouraging others to study the examples of the sinless life of Jesus. My own testimony, to knock out sin, was/is to focus on Jesus' declaration when tempted in the wilderness, "It is written..." I hope strangers look to Jesus as an Holy example and not continue to be weighed down by the worldly business of corruption and oppression.

My hope with this post (as it is with all "thoughts for today" that I post) is that rather than controversy, people will each meditate on these scriptures (in context) and apply them the way they are led by Holy Spirit. And as always, the goal is not mere correction, but restoration.
Thank you for always sharing what is on your heart, what God gives you...for your obedience.

I truly agree with what you said in the op, I just wanted to speak to the unspoken part, because many people use God's Word incorrectly, believing that they have a right to judge and correct. They don't take the time to pray before they speak, nor do they take the time to examine themselves before confronting someone else. This is why Jesus put the parable of the beam and mote in ones eye in His teachings.

It's important for everyone to remember is that no matter what the sin is...it's all of the same spirit, and thus the reason why we are told to pray that we don't fall into the same temptation. It's not falling onto the same temptation of what is being corrected, but the same spirit of sin period.

Thank you loon watchman for a great reminder to be gentle and humble when restoring someone

God Bless

When stangers and Christians discuss sin, whether doubtfully or disgustfully

Be very cautious about being involved in these kinds of discussions. For there is great pressure from the devil to join in the judgement being spoken. And as we are learning, opens the door for the devil to bring judgement upon us.

God bless

Be very cautious about being involved in these kinds of discussions. For there is great pressure from the devil to join in the judgement being spoken. And as we are learning, opens the door for the devil to bring judgement upon us.

God bless

Do you prefer I do not join in discussions here? How is what I said deemed necessary for issuing me a warning? If this is your preference, I will go. I have no idea why anyone would think my posts in this thread (or elsewhere) were judgmental or could even imply a judgmental outlook.

How is encouraging someone to learn and hear about Jesus' example of His sinless life bringing about judgement upon them? Or stating this is what approach I should take?

God bless

I was referring back to my first post. Where strangers declared in their own words they do not sin (doubt they have a sin life) or are disgusted when they see Christians sin.

Do you prefer I do not join in discussions here? How is what I said deemed necessary for issuing me a warning? If this is your preference, I will go. I have no idea why anyone would think my posts in this thread (or elsewhere) were judgmental or could even imply a judgmental outlook.

How is encouraging someone to learn and hear about Jesus' example of His sinless life bringing about judgement upon them? Or stating this is what approach I should take?

Think you better go back and re-read what she wrote quoted of your post.
You totally missed it or mid judged what she said.
Have a great day

I apologize if I offended you. I will explain ( rewrite ) the post in a little bit. It was not directed at your posting in the forum at all.
Blessings

Hi,
I am sure @Cturtle will do a better job at explaining what she was referring to but I wanted to say this.

When talking with some one about sin in some ones life it is easy to get drawn into the conversation. It pulls you in and none of us have the right to point out others fault.

Example a brother starts talking to me about another brother and sin in his life. Even if I know what he is talking about I have no right to join in and speak about it. It Wil pull at you to join in but we must be careful to not begin to fault find in others.

They may not even realize yet that it is sin and therefore have not dealt with it. When we judge others we bring judgment against our selves. Oh yes a Christian Beliver can be judged in the here and now.

This is what she was referring to.
Why would you jump to conclusion such as you did?
Blessings

I apologize if I offended you. I will explain ( rewrite ) the post in a little bit. It was not directed at your posting in the forum at all.
Blessings

You did not offend me. I was responding sincerely when I stated I do not understand how my post was taken as judgmental. And seriously, when I considered that my personality is not a good fit here. I did not consider your post as an offence but as a warning.

I do not habor bitterness. But I seek to have fellowship that is comfortable and where I am included-- my plain personality and all.

My intention is not to push dramatics. The bible study I had was good for me last night. @Loon Watchman is Very Creative. That last post of his, I wish I had a T shirt of that! I really do. But I am afraid too even post anything now. I dd not respond to you to be disrespectful.

On the side, everyone knows what gossip is, it is a fabrication at it's intent or a smearing of a defenseless person.

And yes, I have taken in your response to the seriousness of judging others. I sincerely can not see how that occurred in any of my posts. I also do not want to derail this thread anymore.

Last edited:
You did not offend me. I was responding sincerely when I stated I do not understand how my post was taken as judgmental. And seriously, when I considered that my personality is not a good fit here. I did not consider your post as an offence but as a warning.

I do not habor bitterness. But I seek to have fellowship that is comfortable and where I am included-- my plain personality and all.

My intention is not to push dramatics. The bible study I had was good for me last night. @Loon Watchman is Very Creative. That last post of his, I wish I had a T shirt of that! I really do. But I am afraid to even post anything now. I dd not respond to you to be disrespectful.

On the side, everyone knows what gossip is, it is a fabrication at it's intent or a smearing of a defenseless person.

And yes, I have taken in your response to the seriousness of judging others. I sincerely can not see how that occurred in any of my posts. I also do not want to derail this thread anymore.
One more time......
No one has said anything about your post but you. @Cturtle her self said it Was Not Directed at your post.
Blessings sister

My intention is not to push dramatics. The bible study I had was good for me last night. @Loon Watchman is Very Creative. That last post of his, I wish I had a T shirt of that! I really do. But I am afraid too even post anything now. I dd not respond to you to be disrespectful.

Hi Ozarks,

Please hear my heart.....I was not saying you were judging anyone, and I was not saying your post was judgemental. I was just trying to share something from my heart...as a sister in Christ that God has been teaching me. That's all. You are not in any trouble, and I was not being a moderator...just me

Fcj explained quite well what I meant so I will not try to explain it again.

God bless you and keep on doing a good job on studying the Word :)

Proverbs 9:8
Galatians 6:1
2 Thessalonians 3:15
James 5:19-20

I am going to pray about these Scriptures later today. Also, I am going to praise Jesus about how those who listen to the Holy Spirit and apply these Scriptures correctly, bring Him glory.

Workplace politics can be a challenge, even among Christians. Often I remind myself to ask the Holy Spirit to direct my responses at work. I enjoy working with my co-workers and am supportive and respectful of their input, as they are mine. Gossip is often low-key, but if issues are not resolved, gossip is one tool some use to assert real problems are not resolved. I have been supportive in that I dismiss the gossip and focus on the issues asserted, of which the manager should have addressed. I have also sinned in that I fed into their need to be assertive and gossip.

When I concentrate on these Scriptures later today, my aim is to have the Holy Spirit guide me to other Scriptures that will aid me if I am able to get past a social introduction (a desire to talk about Jesus, the OT and NT studies) and communicate with a stranger about Jesus' Attributes and His work on the cross. Sometimes strangers say they do not sin or they see the sins of Christians. The correct response by me is to comply with 2 Thessalonians 3:15 and communicate Jesus was sinless (with examples from my heart) and Jesus forgives if we have faith and repent, as King Manasseh was forgiven for his many heinous sins when he came to faith.

Hey Ozarks! I really appreciate you taking the time to pray and meditate on these verses and to be led by the Spirit. I pray God uses you very powerfully to bless and encourage all you come in contact with!! :)

Hi Ozarks,

Please hear my heart.....I was not saying you were judging anyone, and I was not saying your post was judgemental. I was just trying to share something from my heart...as a sister in Christ that God has been teaching me. That's all. You are not in any trouble, and I was not being a moderator...just me

Fcj explained quite well what I meant so I will not try to explain it again.

God bless you and keep on doing a good job on studying the Word :)

I hear your heart. Thank you.

Hey Ozarks! I really appreciate you taking the time to pray and meditate on these verses and to be led by the Spirit. I pray God uses you very powerfully to bless and encourage all you come in contact with!! :)

Thank you for praying for me!

I am still thinking about the Proverbs and James Scriptures. Reading James again later today.

Back