Gone Astray? - Got Lost? How Do You Get Back?

Cosia

Senior Moderator - Exec. Secretary
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Exec. Secretary
Joel 2:13 (NLT)
..."Don't tear your clothing in your grief,
but tear your hearts instead."
Return to the LORD your God,
for he is merciful and compassionate,
slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love.
He is eager to relent and not punish.

We may try to come back but feel God not forgive us or accept us. God is waiting for us. Remember how the good shepherd goes to look for the one sheep and brings home on his shoulders? Luke 15, and Matthew 18.

If you are trying to get back to God it is because he is calling you back. He will guide you back.

Call out to him and ask for help. Admit to God your sins and repent of them. You will realize how you hurt God by wandering away. Ask him to change your heart and desires.

He has waited for this day and now you are ready. We will still fall now and then and pick ourselves up. We are made of flesh. By talking to God each day and reading his word, our faith and hope is restored. And our first love will be found again.

Nehemiah 1:5
Then I said "O LORD , God of heaven, the great and awesome God who keeps His covenant of unfailing love, with those who love him and obey his commands.

OK we fell apart, but forgiveness and love is there, ask for it, believe it, and we are well on our way.

Remember the lost son and how his father ran out to greet him. We are welcome home to God, and the angels sing because we are back home.

God Bless

Lamentations 3:22-26 (NLT)
22. The faithful love of the LORD never ends!
His mercies never cease.
23 Great is his faithfulness
His mercies begin afresh each morning.
24. I say to myself, "the LORD is my inheritance;
Therefore, I will hope in Him,"
25. The LORD is good to those who depend on Him.
To those who search for him.
26. So it is good to wait quietly
for salvation from the LORD.

It would be lovely if everyone posted an encouraging verse, for all those who are returning to the LORD.

`

We may try to come back but feel God not forgive us or accept us. This is the lie that Satan wants you to believe.
If you are trying to get back to God it is because he is calling you back. He will guide you back. This is the truth he wants you to forget.
Call out to him and ask for help. Admit to God your sins and repent of them. This is your pathway back to our loving father.
We are welcome home to God, and the angels sing because we are back home. This is the result of you turning back to GOD.
There is nowhere we can go that God's love can not find us and nowhere that HE can not lead us back to HIM. We all trip, stumble, and sometimes fall. God is always there to pick us up, point us in the right direction and help us on our way. HIS love does not end just because you made a mistake. Christ Jesus went to the cross to away all of our sins, even the ones we fall into after accepting His gift of salvation. GOD IS LOVE!
Great post Cosia.

Thank you for replying Dave F. With such a great post.

I think of Peter who denied Christ 3 times, was Jesus was being treated so badly. But Peter went and cried bitterly, because he did love Jesus. But he was forgiven and chosen to lead the church for the Israelites. And he remained faithful until death.

The Father has a great capacity to forgive. Just waiting for us to repent.

God Bless Dave F.

Good morning, Cosia;

There is no way any of us can go sinless. When we resign to that truth and go to the Father each time we need to repent helps us grow in our relationship with God. Our confidence and hope grows in our sincerity to Him for forgiveness. God's relationship with us is that He sees our heartfelt confession of our wrongdoing.

God bless you, Cosia, and thank you for sharing

I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins. ~Isaiah 43:25​

As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. ~Psalm 103:12​

Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the Lord, “Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool.
~Isaiah 1:18

Scripture assures us that God loves us and that He has the power to FORGIVE us ALL our sins.

I love how Cosia states

Call out to him and ask for help. Admit to God your sins and repent of them. You will realize how you hurt God by wandering away. Ask him to change your heart and desires.

He has waited for this day and now you are ready. We will still fall now and then and pick ourselves up. We are made of flesh. By talking to God each day and reading his word, our faith and hope is restored. And our first love will be found again.

God is NOT angry with us... He is not standing with note pad in hand... keeping track of all our wrong doings. HE sees us... knows us.... and He WANTS us.... HE LOVES us... He gets so truly excited when we are finally ready to humble ourselves... ask for help.. and for His Forgiveness. From that point on... we become in GOOD STANDING with God.
The guilt and shame that we carry after this is NOT from God... but rather from ourselves and satan.

Once we return to GOD.... WE are FORGIVEN... and REDEEMED. We are FREE to hold our heads up high and walk with the power of WHO CHRIST DECLARES us to be.

We may try to come back but feel God not forgive us or accept us. This is the lie that Satan wants you to believe.
If you are trying to get back to God it is because he is calling you back. He will guide you back. This is the truth he wants you to forget.
Call out to him and ask for help. Admit to God your sins and repent of them. This is your pathway back to our loving father.
We are welcome home to God, and the angels sing because we are back home. This is the result of you turning back to GOD.
There is nowhere we can go that God's love can not find us and nowhere that HE can not lead us back to HIM. We all trip, stumble, and sometimes fall. God is always there to pick us up, point us in the right direction and help us on our way. HIS love does not end just because you made a mistake. Christ Jesus went to the cross to away all of our sins, even the ones we fall into after accepting His gift of salvation. GOD IS LOVE!
YES..... YES...... YES.... and AMEN!

I agree, and all the negative things on our mind are due to Satan whispering in our ear.

He did not want any one returning to God. It is a good idea to say "it is written..." quote a verse that tells of God's love, mercy and forgiveness.

Hello Cosia;

In your thread,

It gave me this thought. Whenever we get hit with a problem relationship, world problems, finances, health, it can take our eyes off God. This can be a form of gone astray. When we let it become the priority it can cause us to lose Him.

Or, if we get so consumed with ourselves we may buy a gallon of ice cream and go into seventh heaven until we come to our senses. (Food can be an escape.) This may not be good for our health so
how do we get back?

By putting the ice cream down and walking away exclaiming, Oh my God! What did I just do to my body and I can't get a refund!

It's in this moment the Lord will find His one lost sheep and carry it back and feed it an apple.

God bless
everyone.

Yes food can be misused, that is true. I wonder why we do it. We are looking at the wrong place for comfort, and give ourselves another problem instead.

If we concentrate on God's Word, and reflect on the life of Christ, and all his attributes, we wouldn't think of the ice cream.
(By the way, I love ice cream Bob. One of my many weaknesses)

God bless you and Hazel, Bob.

Job 11:18 (NLT)
Having hope will give you courage. You will be protected and will rest in safety.

I like this verse. Hope has been a great topic of study for me as I struggle with it on and off.

Things I have found:

There's gotta be something off for it to be lit.
It's something thats got to be cultivated and tended to daily for me in my goals or I end up falling down a hatch of resentment that can be hard to get out of.

Because, like any cultivated plant, hope can get out of hand too, at least for for me...and false hope or unrealistic expectations is something I have to keep a check on regularly by Trusting God and good old self reflection, and being kind and forgiving in my imperfections, learning from them and picking up momentum.

So yeh, learning to keep an eye on the present, in what lies in front of me right now and what I can control, instead of worrying 'What if or dwelling on the past.

And Progress makes hope grow. I have been steadily loosing weight and feel great.
And while I am not expecting to loose a stone in a day anymore, the little I do loose I celebrate.

Lots of Love.

fee

We may try to come back but feel God not forgive us or accept us. God is waiting for us. Remember how the good shepherd goes to look for the one sheep and brings home on his shoulders? Luke 15, and Matthew 18.
all that the father give me

John 6:37

King James Version

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out

John 1:9

King James Version

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

he leaves the 99 goes after the one.. how do we get back ? by the way of the cross

If God was not here. I surely would not be.
I pray daily to keep my thoughts on path. I state I am weak and I need your guidance.
I reaffirm my acceptance in Christ.

At 61 There is no other way. There are other ways out.
But there is no other way into his Kingdom.

I have come to realize reading the Bible and talking with God wont keep me straight.
Accepting, and repenting, and admitting my weakness always empowers my relationship with him..

Humans free will, is rooted in we know best. Until we put that aside we can not see.
I wish it was understood more. You can not see the word of God, if you choose not to seek it.
God will invite you in. He wont chase you down to come and join him. Free Will. !

Because, like any cultivated plant, hope can get out of hand too, at least for for me...and false hope or unrealistic expectations is something I have to keep a check on regularly by Trusting God and good old self reflection, and being kind and forgiving in my imperfections, learning from them and picking up momentum.
Lots of Love.

fee

Hello Via;

I'd like to add to your good post. You said hope, false hope and unrealistic expectations can get out of hand. We learn this is so true as they get in the mix of our faith.

You also said that by doing a self check regularly by trusting God, while continuing to be kind and forgiving in our imperfections resonate within ourselves and others through all seasons.

This ministers to me as God has been been getting me past one human at a time from all sides lately, not about winning but reconciliation.

Welcome back, Via, and God bless you for sharing.

Hi Fee
Feels great to see you posting.
I used to have a problem with Hope. I wasn't sure what it meant, and so I thought I did not have any.
Trust seems to be the nearest to me.
Have a happy time.
Blessings

Back