Good works, persecution and suffering.

Good works, persecution and suffering.

God loves us so much and wants to share His glory with us. He saved us by grace, through faith, as a gift, not of works so we couldn't boast. But He did it so we could do good works.

Realizing that we could never do enough "good works" to share as much of His glory that he wanted to share with His loved ones, He gave us another way; enduring persecution. By enduring persecution, we qualify to share in more of His glory.

Realizing that Satan could defeat that by indulging us, He made yet another way. Simply, suffering. By suffering, we qualify to receive more of His shared glory.

In this life, during suffering we probably ask, "Why, Lord? Why me?" I believe when we see like He sees, in that day of eternal clarity and judgment, we will ask, "Why didn't you make me suffer more so I could share even more of your glory?"

May we, as Paul, associate our suffering with the suffering of our Savior, and thank Him for another way to share in His glory. What a Savior!!!!

Amen brother.

Romans 8:17
"Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory."

Back