Google is My Shepherd (a Google spoof on Ps. 23)

crossnote

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
(Psa 23:1) A Psalm of Page and Brin (to be sung by the masses). Google is your Guide; you shall not want.
(Psa 23:2) It makes you to lie down in cyber pastures: it leads you besides muddy waters.
(Psa 23:3) Google restores your lusts: it leads you in the paths of conformity for it's name's sake.
(Psa 23:4) Yea, though you walk through the valley of the shadow of death, you will fear no loneliness: for Google is with you; it's algorithms and hits they comfort you.
(Psa 23:5) Google prepares a feast of info before you in the presence of your 'followers': Google anoints your head with the oil of 'no thought'; your memory runs short.
(Psa 23:6) Surely Google and Facebook shall follow you all the days of your life: but you will dwell in the Google's 'search engine' for ever.

This reminds me of those that seem permanently attached to their cellphones. They can be found walking without noticing anything going on around them eyes fixed on their screens.
That is a sad truth ….

It is enlightening just to watch people walking around, on an elevator, on the escalator, waiting for a bus, in a subway ….not sandwich shop…. Well, probably there too. Anyplace you go ….and airports are just a trip ….everybody’s head looking down…. I think if Christ came back, they wouldn’t know unless they got a notification….

This reminds me of those that seem permanently attached to their cellphones. They can be found walking without noticing anything going on around them eyes fixed on their screens.
That is a sad truth ….

It is enlightening just to watch people walking around, on an elevator, on the escalator, waiting for a bus, in a subway ….not sandwich shop…. Well, probably there too. Anyplace you go ….and airports are just a trip ….everybody’s head looking down…. I think if Christ came back, they wouldn’t know unless they got a notification….
I think MM came up with the name 'palm gods' for such absorption as this.

Back