Gospel replaced by testimony

Good morning, Andy J Hart;

You pose a great question. The Gospel and presenting testimonies are two types of ministering and complement each other.

Preaching the Gospel can be
salt and light to the person who is listening and needs to hear. Presenting a testimony can also minister to the person who is also listening and needs to hear.

I have witnessed both, leading to an altar call. The person coming forward desires to make a confession of faith or renewed commitment to Christ, and it's a blessing to see one or more join the person in prayer and support.

God bless you, Andy J Hart, and thank you for sharing.

Do we need to preach the gospel or can we simply present testimonies and then do an altar call?
what does the Bible say ?

1 Corinthians 1:21​

King James Version​

21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. then we have what paul wrote in Ephesians 4:10
10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

yes your testimony can help win the Lost ,,but in Church he chose preaching . i use my testimony almost every Sunday. i was once was lost but know im found i once was blind but now i see :) amazing grace

the spirit draws us to Christ and makes us alive

John 4:41-42 ESV

And many more believed because of his word. [42] They said to the woman, "It is no longer because of what you said that we believe, for we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this is indeed the Savior of the world."

Back