Got accused of being a bigot by other people

I don’t want to go into a lot of detail because I don’t want to start any arguments in here. Like I said, I was accused of being a bigot when all I did was name the category of the group I was referring to. They told me I was pigeon-holeing that group and gave the definition of the word I said. I explained to them that’s not the definition I was referring to and that there are many words with more than one definition. Other didn’t listen anyway and kept right on telling me I was offending them.

That’s all I’ve got to say. I’m just irritated by the way they acted.

Where was this.
If it's on social media just stop going on it. There's much better ways to spend your time. It's just not worth the constant irritation of people commenting on everything you say on there or being irritated yourself. Everything ANYONE says can be offensive in one way or another.

Also as human beings we are all made of two people anyway (mother, father) so will always be a genetic mix. Nobody can actually be made from ONE person thats just not how people are made. We aren't clones. At least thats how I see it. Even Jacob and Esau, twins, born from the same mother and father, were totally different from each other.

Maybe in the future there will be clones so everyone will look exactly alike with no genetic variation but that would just be weird right?

Pigeons only have holes because they have a homing instinct that they can fly directly back home to where they come from even if it's miles and miles away. But humans really don't have this gift. We kind of just make our homes wherever its convenient.

Big hugs.

Not sure what you wanna achieve from all of this. Don’t know if you just want others to agree or to empathise or what, but if you wanna change peoples views or get them to the point of a revolution then get skilled in rhetoric.

Not sure if anyones views can be really be changed unless you swap bodies with them. Writing can help though. Jesus had four gospels written about him, each with a differing point of view, but mostly agreeing on the same thing. Unless you were THERE at the time, you can only learn about things secondhand from reports. Which may or may not come from the same source.

So consider with history there being at least four sides to every story.

Your lived experience, nobody can dispute, although they might question whether they have experienced all you've experienced, if they've never come across it before. This probably is why those who've grown up and lived in narrow, provincial towns or gate communities only ever mix with people like themselves and aren't really aware of how other people live. In a sense most people tend to be quite ignorant of others and fail at empathy.

Big hugs.

Not sure what you wanna achieve from all of this. Don’t know if you just want others to agree or to empathise or what, but if you wanna change peoples views or get them to the point of a revolution then get skilled in rhetoric.
I just want them to understand from other people’s perspectives.

Back