Grace

Grace is an area where I still need work and Jesus will get to that in His time.
It is especially hard to remember grace when I am driving. I have always
enjoyed driving and that is when I am best able to clear my head, work
through thoughts, and generally find 'inner-peace' (LOL).

However, the older I get (granted I am only 42) the more I find that other
people are in my way on the roads. Now, instead of enjoying the drive and
clearing my head I have become a racecar driver trying to work my way to the
front of the pack. I don't want to be like that but I am.
I am very headstrong and assertive by nature but I don't want that to own me
and that is not the character of Christ.

Any insight on practices I could put into place from anyone who has had the
same or similar deficiencies?

Grace is an area where I still need work and Jesus will get to that in His time.

Yes turn on the Simon and Garfunkel song . . .slow down you’re moving too fast. Count those cobble stones. . feel groovy. We will get to the end of this life quick enough. Yoked with him we can rest.

It seem that time picks up speed in our anxieties Again don’t stop refine that which accompanies salvation .In so much that he promises us he will not forget the good works we accredit towards his name.

I’m 72 never too old to put away childish things .Grace as a reward of his work of faith or labor of love. . . is Christ in us as shown in Philipians 2:13. It is he that does work in us to both reveal the speed signs and empowers to slow down back off the accelerator .Put the speed control on

We have that treasure in us but it is not of us. David had 5 little stones a number that represents redemption just one was needed to conquer the giant .

LOL . .the 12 year old trapped in the body of a older man .

Yes turn on the Simon and Garfunkel song . . .slow down you’re moving too fast. Count those cobble stones. . feel groovy. We will get to the end of this life quick enough. Yoked with him we can rest.

It seem that time picks up speed in our anxieties Again don’t stop refine that which accompanies salvation .In so much that he promises us he will not forget the good works we accredit towards his name.

I’m 72 never too old to put away childish things .Grace as a reward of his work of faith or labor of love. . . is Christ in us as shown in Philipians 2:13. It is he that does work in us to both reveal the speed signs and empowers to slow down back off the accelerator .Put the speed control on

We have that treasure in us but it is not of us. David had 5 little stones a number that represents redemption just one was needed to conquer the giant .

LOL . .the 12 year old trapped in the body of a older man .
Thank you, Garee. I have not recently considered trying to just feel groovy again. LOL

Psalm 19:13 says "Keep me from the sins of pride; don't let them rule me.
Then I can get pure and innocent of the greatest of sins
." [New Century Version).

Granted, it's much easier to talk about our pride than to effectively deal with it in our life.

I don't like ministering to men but see my latest sig..

Hello Nazarene: Believe learning that all the problems in life are temporary will help you.

1 John 2: 15 Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. 16 For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. 17 And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever.

Matthew 6:
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Ephesians 4:23 Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes.

Take care, going to bed.

Back