Great resources for small children

Anyone got any resources you use for children aged 5 -7 you would like to share? Please post them. I never had any growing up. I suppose Bible stories or other sources of materials would be good but which books and authors do you recommend?
Thanks

Hello Via;

From what I understand Dr. Seuss is still a good book for children starting at 4 years old. Cat In The Hat, Horton Hatches An Egg and Green Eggs And Ham teach rhymes, wordplay, illustrations and imagination for developing language skills, leading to advanced reading as the children get older.

Other’s thoughts?

Children don't really read Dr Suess anymore. It's now Mo Willems - Elephant and Piggie books and the Pigeon books.
They are funny and are a bit more emotionally/developmentally orientated.

Dr Suess is still fun to read, but some of it can be too long for beginning readers to digest.

Children don't really read Dr Suess anymore. It's now Mo Willems - Elephant and Piggie books and the Pigeon books.
They are funny and are a bit more emotionally/developmentally orientated.

Dr Suess is still fun to read, but some of it can be too long for beginning readers to digest.

I read Dr. Seuss when I was 6 and 7 years old. In the 1st grade I played the ticket taker in Horton Hatches the Egg when he was taken to the circus. Long story short he committed to sitting on a mother bird's egg while she took a break but never returned. Regardless, Horton keeps his word and says, "I meant what I said, and I said what I meant. An elephant's faithful, one hundred percent!"

This stayed with me. When we start something by ourself, someone else or a group effort, we should have this spirit of commitment to "hatching" to completion. lol!

1698692320107.png

I found 'Oh the places you'll go' in the Botanic Garden, as a book crossing book. I left it at Macca's playground for children to pick up.

Dr Seuss likes wordplay though I still think he's a bit too sophisticated for ESL readers.

Back