Greater Appreciation Through Hardships

Greater Appreciation Through Hardships

Through the hardships that hurricane Ike brought our way I
appreciate the little things of life much more than ever before.

Simplicity has taken on a whole new meaning for me and
a whole new place in my life.

Hanging on to "things" for sentimental value is no longer that important to me.
Don't get me wrong. I still have a few sentimental things, but they don't play
as big a role in my life anymore. I'm not so easily upset when I lose one,
and it is not as difficult for me to let go of "things."
It is still not easy to let go, but it is easier.

I have a greater appreciation for God's love and mercy.

I have a greater appreciation for laughter.

I have a greater appreciation for patience (my own especially).

I have a greater appreciation for "life."

I do not like hardships, but I do appreciate the lessons I learn through them.
If you don't learn through hardships it is almost impossible to grow.

Are you growing?

Are you growing?

If I 'm not growing , then I'm not living up to the potential that God expects of me .

If I'm staying a baby Christian then all I need is milk but I am happy to say I am not the same as I was yesterday and hoefully will not be the same tomorrow as I was today .

Growing in the love and grace of our Lord Jesus Christ who satifies my needs according to His riches in glory .

As I get older ( I don't know about the wiser part ) I have come to realize , like you who has been through so much that the simple things in life bring the most happiness . If we have all we need , and God is blessing us , then we need to share those blessings with those around us in order to show others the love of Jesus though us .

Having been on four mission trips and seeing how people in the third world live , we are rich in their eyes . But you know what ?They are happier . They are proud of what they have and are still willing to share and offer us a cup of water . It is a very humbling experience and one of the women on the trip said after wards . and I quote her " It doesn't matter if my shoes match my dress or my purse. any more "

Having been on four mission trips and seeing how people in the third world live , we are rich in their eyes . But you know what ?They are happier . They are proud of what they have and are still willing to share and offer us a cup of water . It is a very humbling experience and one of the women on the trip said after wards . and I quote her " It doesn't matter if my shoes match my dress or my purse. any more "

Amen to that!

:groupray:

Back